Little confused, need help choosing

smic717394

Standard Member
Hi I was looking to get a Blu-Ray player and I'm a bit confused. The BDP-51FD looks like one of the fist players but it does have profile 1.1, and the player cost around £350, the BDP-LX70A cost around £750 and its only profile 1.0 but it does have a LAN connection. and then the next up BDP-LX71 it cost less about £650 its profile 1.1 but no LAN and the only one with profile 2.0 and LAN is BDP-LX91 but the price is way too much i'm afraid £1700

My question is why the BDP-LX70A is so much more then LX71 and 51FD and it only 1.0? Can it be upgrade to 1.1? And second what is the best of all exept the LX91 that i cant afford at the moment.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
My question is why the BDP-LX70A is so much more then LX71 and 51FD and it only 1.0? Can it be upgrade to 1.1? And second what is the best of all exept the LX91 that i cant afford at the moment.

No it can't :( sorry.
51 has the same performance over HDMI as the LX71. :smashin:

awink1

Distinguished Member

Hello mate, the LX70A was one of the first Pioneer Blu Ray players and has been around for a while. Hence the price, all players were expensive back then.

If you're after a Pioneer player, then go for the 51FD, I have one and I absolutely love the machine. It's slow to load, but picture and sound quality for HD and SD sources is nothing short of spectacular in this price range (and any price range really ;) )

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Hi I was looking to get a Blu-Ray player and I'm a bit confused. The BDP-51FD looks like one of the fist players but it does have profile 1.1, and the player cost around £350, the BDP-LX70A cost around £750 and its only profile 1.0 but it does have a LAN connection. and then the next up BDP-LX71 it cost less about £650 its profile 1.1 but no LAN and the only one with profile 2.0 and LAN is BDP-LX91 but the price is way too much i'm afraid £1700

How are you planning to connect the player to a screen and possibly amplifier?

smic717394

Standard Member
I want to connect it to a Pioneer 428XD via HDMI and the sound I have a old 5.1 Pioneer VSX 906 receiver and I can connect it digital composite. I thought the 51FD came before the LX70A.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
I want to connect it to a Pioneer 428XD via HDMI and the sound I have a old 5.1 Pioneer VSX 906 receiver and I can connect it digital composite. I thought the 51FD came before the LX70A.

The 51 is from the latest range of Pioneers. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom