Little bit of advice guys

laup

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I am looking to open a bar with a dance room and general bar area.

Now general and vintage audio i would know what to do, now with pa stuff and that area of sound equipment im a bit lost As to what i need.
now we dont have license for vibration music so no 18inch subs can go here unfortunately so a good amount of speakers and a nice amp with options of a dj hook up and jukebox that can go relatively loud.

Do any of you guys have any pointers for this area.

Cheers

I'm assuming given what you have said so far, is that you need a pretty substantial PA system. To some extent it depends on your budget.

Next will this be exclusively recorded music, or will there be some live music, open-mike night, quiz night, and other House PA related activities?

Also, since you 'place' will be in two sections, Dance and General, do you see a need for separate sound in each area? For example, Dance Music in the Dance area, but separate Sports TV in the Bar Area?

Whether together or separate, will the volume in each area need to be controlled separately?

Likely in the Dance area, you will need some substantial PA speakers, but in the Bar area, perhaps smaller PA speakers as I assume the Bar area is smaller.

Consider the sources of sound, and where those sources will be controlled from. For example, in a restaurant/Bar situation, you want quieter background music in the Eating area, and perhaps different music or TV in the Bar area. That implies two system. Then who controls the systems. Who and how they are controlled effects where the amp are going to be placed. If in the Dance area, everything is always focused around the DJ station, then that can be the control location. But, would you still want separate sources and controls in the Bar area?

Then what are your potential sources? CD, Vinyl, iPod/MP3 Player/Internet Music streaming/Broadcast Radio/TV/etc...?

You really need to consider and resolve all these details before you can even start building a sound system. You can get what you want (or need) until you know what you want (or need).

That should get things started.

Steve/bluewizard

Cheers blue,

The search function actually decided to work on tapatalk last night i so i managed to look around and saw a few of your comments regarding layouts etc.

Right i would primarily be looking for a 3 zone system now, dj / dancefloor etc, bar area, and outside terrace.

I guess it would be wise to have 3 separate amps. all located in the dj booth as it would be easy to get too even from bar area.

would save on cable routing also, (might even slap cctv pvr there too)

Now for the dj side i guess it would have to be pa standard.

bar area maybe 4 good corner speaker in each corner of the room, with maybe a floor sub?

terrace area any kind of background music with 2 speakers would be fine i guess.

inputs would be vinyl/tv/jukebox/cd/radio/dj mixer.

do i use normal av receiver for everything other than the dj sound system?

i was thinking maybe getting 3x pairs of mission 700's or mission 701's 8 ohms as these are adequate sized, for bar and terrace.

and idea was maybe busting out winisd and designing some subs for the dj area and build them into the dj booth. maybe get a behringer amp to power them & purchase maybe some jbl full range?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom