• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Little Big Planet Beta Key giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIEPhantom

Standard Member
Hey everyone i got spare key if anyone wants it PM me on

PSN= TIEPhanom

i want burnout paradise gameshared with me in exchange for code. Also if you got warhawk game packs then i will take that but burnout paradise is first, if 2 people offer one warhawk and one burnout then i take burnout.

NOTE: First come first serve

:thumbsup:

Hulligan

Prominent Member
You're not giving it away if you're asking for something in return.

Trading a code you got for FREE for something that costs £25 is a freaking joke. I seriously hope no-one takes you up on your "offer".

Wait till tomorrow people, and get yourself one for free from IGN like this guy did.

Last edited:

ROBIN50N

Prominent Member

PSN= TIEPhanom

i want burnout paradise gameshared with me in exchange for code. Also if you got warhawk game packs then i will take that but burnout paradise is first, if 2 people offer one warhawk and one burnout then i take burnout.

:eek::eek:

Bribrian

Prominent Member
:censored:

zain.786

Established Member
Your trading a LBP Beta code for a £25 game? There's another chance to get them tommorow anyway.

There's people like Oggie and Hulligan giving them away for free and your trying to get a game from it!! :eek: Doubt someone is going to trade you a £25 game for a Beta code mate.

Fen Star

Prominent Member
I haven't even applied for a lbp key, but i have seen alot of forum members giving them away on here, and you wanting a £25 game for one is poor form....:nono:

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
I haven't even applied for a lbp key, but i have seen alot of forum members giving them away on here, and you wanting a £25 game for one is poor form....:nono:

I wanted to post my feelings on the subject, but deleted it as I want to avoid getting an infraction. How utterly selfish and flies completely in the face of the community spirit that is shown here. Not welcome IMHO.

Fen Star

Prominent Member
I wanted to post my feelings on the subject, but deleted it as I want to avoid getting an infraction. How utterly selfish and flies completely in the face of the community spirit that is shown here. Not welcome IMHO.

Couldn't agree more mate.....

robfosters

Established Member
Wrong, wrong wrong.

I see your a fairly new member. You have to realise that the people on here get on with each other and 99.9% of us would go out of our way to get someone a code for nothing if we could. And the last thing we would think of is charging.

It's not even worth anything. What with the IGN giveaway over the last couple of days it's worth nothing.

sneeks

Prominent Member
It's shocking that someone wants to trade a code that they paid nothing for in exchange for a bought and paid for game. I hope everyone ignores his offer.

Dev25

Standard Member
err im pretty sure there free and there more to give away :mad:

Anyway to other users who still need one i will try to get another one (Got mine from fileplanet) and do a giveaway.

Moogle

Distinguished Member

PSN= TIEPhanom

I've already deleted your other thread as this is both unethical and against the spirit of the forums. Trying to trade something you essentially got for free for premium content is not on and won't be tolerated here. I very much doubt these forums would condone what you are asking for so please refrain from doing so. Obviously other forum members have already voiced their negative opinions on the matter. I'm going to move this thread to the LBP sub forum for now but will close it or delete it later. If you persist then I will have no choice but to give you an infraction. I urge everyone else not to take him up on his offer. If I hear of it happening then both you may end up getting an infraction.

Last edited:

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Trying to trade something you essentially got for free for premium content is not on and won't be tolerated here. I very much doubt these forums would condone what you are asking for so please refrain from doing so. Obviously other forum members have already voiced their negative opinions on the matter.
OT-ish - does anyone also think the trading of beta codes for "Thanks" votes is dubious? Yeah they dont mean much in the scheme of things, but sometimes it seems like people are trying to collect dozens of thanks for a code giveaway, whereas others write helpful and involved response to a question to get a single thanks. Just seems odd IMO and is happening more and more.

Meh - whatever. Definitely a free giveaway should not be for a PSN game.

Last edited:

Lonely_Warrior

Established Member
OT-ish - does anyone also think the trading of beta codes for "Thanks" votes is dubious? Yeah they dont mean much in the scheme of things, but sometimes it seems like people are trying to collect dozens of thanks for a code giveaway, whereas others write helpful and involved response to a question to get a single thanks. Just seems odd IMO and is happening more and more.

Meh - whatever. Definitely a free giveaway should not be for a PSN game.

The way I see it giving thanks has won me a Kratos costume for LBP. What have I lost by giving a thanks? Nothing really. And only an internet forum fanatic would feel good about him/herself with a high post/thanks/kudos count etc...quite scary really!! :rotfl:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
IMHO the leaving of thanks is also not really appropriate and borders on being unethical and against the spirit of the forum although it's not as bad as trying to trade a free beta code for premium content which is really not on and shouldn't be done. There are other ways of holding competitions for codes which should be undertaken instead.

spudtator

Prominent Member
I presumed asking for a thanks was just an easy way of seeing a list of people interested under the OP.

p.s. anyone wanna buy half a pizza I found on the way up the road last night?

Lonely_Warrior

Established Member
IMHO the leaving of thanks is also not really appropriate and borders on being unethical and against the spirit of the forum although it's not as bad as trying to trade a free beta code for premium content which is really not on and shouldn't be done. There are other ways of holding competitions for codes which should be undertaken instead.

Such as?

I think leaving thanks is such an easy way of doing it and to be honest I don't care if I leave thanks for everyone. I'm not losing out on anything in my life. I'm not going to cry at night etc. Some people take post count and other forum 'elite' measuring counts too seriously IMHO. I'm all for hearing what other ways there are to do it. The only reason I have done the 'thanks' methods in my LBP threads is because that's the way some members did it with their motorstorm / socom codes. That's the first time I saw memebrs on these forums giving codes away. Personally I thought it was very generous of them and I didn't think 'hey this is a sneaky way of getting more thanks' because to be honest I didn't care. I thought that was the accepted method on these forums.

Lonely_Warrior

Established Member
I presumed asking for a thanks was just an easy way of seeing a list of people interested under the OP.

p.s. anyone wanna buy half a pizza I found on the way up the road last night?

maybe you can trade it for OP's LBP beta key :D

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Such as?

I think leaving thanks is such an easy way of doing it and to be honest I don't care if I leave thanks for everyone. I'm not losing out on anything in my life. I'm not going to cry at night etc. Some people take post count and other forum 'elite' measuring counts too seriously IMHO. I'm all for hearing what other ways there are to do it. The only reason I have done the 'thanks' methods in my LBP threads is because that's the way some members did it with their motorstorm / socom codes. That's the first time I saw memebrs on these forums giving codes away. Personally I thought it was very generous of them and I didn't think 'hey this is a sneaky way of getting more thanks' because to be honest I didn't care. I thought that was the accepted method on these forums.

Well for one they can just post in the thread requesting they be included in the competition rather then leaving thanks. IMO it's not right to use the thanks system for such a purpose and is an abuse of that option. It should only be used when someone genuinely wants to thank someone. For someone to request thanks in order for the person to be included in a give away is not on and inappropriate.

Tonks01

Established Member
Well for one they can just post in the thread requesting they be included in the competition rather then leaving thanks. IMO it's not right to use the thanks system for such a purpose and is an abuse of that option. It should only be used when someone genuinely wants to thank someone. For someone to request thanks in order for the person to be included in a give away is not on and inappropriate.

I think the best way to do it is if the person giving away the key requests people post a single post in the thread, and then the thread starter picks a number, the number will correspond to a post, and then a member - job done no abuse of the thanks button :thumbsup:

ROBIN50N

Prominent Member

but they could also be genuinely thanking them to be given the opotunity to enter the draw. if someone gave you a free raffle ticket to win a prize would you just snatch it? or say thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom