1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little big man

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by seany, Jan 17, 2004.

1. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I watched little big man last night. It's one of my favourite films, and it's one i catch every five years or more on the box. It was on 5 at 2am no adds (unless i was steaming). It's catching films like that that makes me glad i don't own dvd's, something i've never been big on, because the joy of seeing it unexpectedly, would be lost if i owned a copy. But that’s just me

It's a black comedy about 124 year olds life with the Indians, as a gun fighter, as a Christian and a drunk but always returning to his adopted Indian family. But what it's really about is the demise of the Native Americans, and i don't think a film has illustrated it better. Dustin Hoffman gives one of his best performances for me, as jack crabb (little big man) bettered only by the great chief Dan George (old lodge skins). It makes dances with wolfs look very pompous

old lodge skins:
    "There is much you can say about the white man, but it must be admitted, you just can't get rid of them"

old lodge skins:
    “My wife copulates with horses, she says she can’t stand horses, but i know she’s lying, that is why i call her, doesn’t like horses”

short trailer
    http://videodetective.com/home.asp?...=&CustomerID=14817&WM=True&Ads=True&Play=TRUE

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I also love this film but haven't got around to buying a copy of it yet. I think it ranks up their with the likes of A Man called horse and Jeremiah Johnson.:smashin: