Little (BIG) help? Can't get HD audio from PC anymore

fishcp2

Novice Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm really lost right now trying to solve an issue, already burned my fuse for hours and really don't have a clue anymore. Do you think you could help me?
Here's the issue:

I have movies on my PC that I wanna watch on HDR 4K, while still having HD audio as well. My receiver is an old one, (DENON 3310Ci, so no HDR nor 4K), so the "HDMI out" port is a no go, because I wouldn't even get 4K resolution.

What did I do then? 1 - I connected a HDMI cable from my GPU's HDMI 1 port to my HDR 4k TV input.
2 - Connected another HDMI cable from my GPU's HDMI 2 port to my receiver input.
3 - Used a video player program configured to send pass-through audio via HDMI.
It all worked fine on my old TV and with a workaround on the new one.

However, suddenly that stopped working. When I replaced the older TV with this new one, it still worked, but for some reason I had to disconnect the "HDMI out" cable from my receiver to be able to get any audio at all. Now I can't even do that anymore, because if I disconnect the "HDMI out" cable, my PC stops recognizing the receiver (even though the "HDMI in" is connected to it).
And once my PC doesn't recognize the receiver, I obviously can't set such receiver as the audio output device.

Any thoughts that could help me? I'm pretty frustrated with this.

Attachments

• denon.jpg
    denon.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 29
It sounds like you are encountering HDCP rules and maybe the TV you have now compared to the older one is a little more fussy (plus plugging and unplugging those HDMI cables can cause them to fault to)

When you output 1080p, can you get the HD audio sound formats from the Denon and then will it pass a signal to the TV without any hiccups?

Are you also trying to watch 4k or are you scaling videos to 4k? If you are scaling SD and HD footage to 4k, then I'd just let the TV do its job as the system should work fine with HD Audio formats when going via the Denon to the TV. But if its 4k, how are you watching it? If it via files saved to the PC or are you streaming them. If its streaming them, most only stream between 720p and 1080p from what I've read anyway which means if you are going through all that effort just to scale the image, then you really don't need to. If its 4k material, then I'm at a loss and cannot help sorry

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom