Liteon mains lead needed

chuzzlewit

Standard Member
Hi,
Don't know if anyone can help. I have acquired a Liteon LVW5005 DVD recorder and need a mains lead for it. I am told that it is a proprietary type not generally available in the UK, so I am wondering if anyone knows a source for one. It is similar to the standard "figure of 8", but with one end flattened off. So if a figure of 8 connector looks like "OO" looking end on, this looks like "DO".
If no luck it will be out with the toolbox/soldering iron to convert it, which I want to avoid.
Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Martin

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,
Don't know if anyone can help. I have acquired a Liteon LVW5005 DVD recorder and need a mains lead for it. I am told that it is a proprietary type not generally available in the UK, so I am wondering if anyone knows a source for one. It is similar to the standard "figure of 8", but with one end flattened off. So if a figure of 8 connector looks like "OO" looking end on, this looks like "DO".
If no luck it will be out with the toolbox/soldering iron to convert it, which I want to avoid.
Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Martin
Welcome to the forum, Martin.

These are all the registered UK dealers for Liteon below. You may get lucky searching or contacting one of them.

Good luck.

CCL Computers Ltd
Bradford
Inmoor Road
CCL Computers - Awarded Best Online Retailer 2008 for PC, PC Components, Laptops, Notebook, Computer Components, Intel Servers, Hard Drives, PC Memory

Scan Computers International Ltd.
Bolton
25-28 Enterprise Park, Horwich
Computer Hardware - All - Scan.co.uk

coywood ltd
scarborough
3 somerset terrace
coywood computers

Gold Chip Computer Systems Ltd
Sunderland
43-45 Newcastle Road
Goldchip PC Hardware

Jim Systerms
London
9 Abbey Terrace

Last edited:

tubaman

Novice Member
I have a Sky box with exactly the type of socket you are speaking about and have found that a standard figure-of-eight lead fits perfectly well.:D

chuzzlewit

Standard Member
Top answer, thank you! If I'd researched a bit more I'd have found out it's a "polarized C8 style" socket (figure of 8 is standard C8). And they are compatible (good old WIKI).

Thanks again
Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom