Liteon LVW5045 - clock problems?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by detorquemada, Apr 23, 2005.

1. detorquemada

detorquemada
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

For my sins I've just purchased a Liteon LVW-5045.

I've had it for just over a week and to be honest I'm very happy with it.

The only problem is the clock, which seems to have jumped about 30 seconds fast in the time I've had it.

Anyone else have this experience and/or know of a cure?

Cheers.

2. david fox

david fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have had this machine for about a month and have had no problems with the clock. It could be that the clock use's mains frequency as the clock referance signal. If your mains flutulates this could affect the clock. Yes it is a brilliant machine for the money. Isnt it funny though the way it spins the disc really fast for no reason and also there does not seem to be a reason for the built in fan as it does not get that hot.

3. detorquemada

detorquemada
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply. Now, do you mean that it uses the mains 50Hz as a reference and uses this to count seconds?

I was hoping it would use the TV signal as it's reference like everything else I've got! As it is, there's no clue in the manual to what it uses, so the mains thing could be it.

It seems to have stuck at about 30 seconds. I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't wander anymore then I'll just accept it as a quirk :)

4. andyhorsman

andyhorsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    eithir of u guys had any experience of using Micro MV devices on the DV-Link?