1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon LVW5004

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Angelus315, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Angelus315

Angelus315

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    New to this forum so please bear that in mind :)
    I was just wondering whether the Liteon LVW5004 DVD recorder is any good/has been discontinued as I can only find reference to the LVW5005 on this site....indeed even on Liteons official site there has been no mention of the LVW5004 model.
    I ask because I've just recently bought a 5004 model from a reputable high street chain and wanted to know whether it's a reliable machine. Indeed I've been having one or two problems with my recorder vis a vis picture quality when connected via a scart cable (to TV) and regular RF cables (satellite and TV arial from VHS setup) I tend to get horizontal strobing on my recordings when using the recorder. I've tried replacing the scart cables and other connected cables but had no luck and am tired of getting recordings of movies/tv shows plagued by horizontal lines in picture.
    I must add that the only channel affected by this is the channel specifically tuned for my DVD recorder (which even plays pre recorded DVDs with horizontal strobing)
    So please can someone with the requisite technical know how let me know what I'm doing wrong or if the recorder I've bought is a bit of a "duffer" as the lack of reviews (positive or negative) is a cause for concern for me :(
    Regards
    Mark

2. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Angelus315

Angelus315

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: