• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LiteOn LVW 5045 how to transfer?

ttodd0450

Standard Member
So my old model of this dvd/harddrive recorder works great for recording to the on board 120GB Harddrive.. ( which is slowly filling up) .. It does not like to record to Blank DVD unless it is a certain model and it must be a DVD+R .. ..
But my question is : The model has the outputs RCA jacks for analog,, and it also has the optical line out for video/audio to a standard type video/audio receiver/flat screen monitor TV .. I need to know if there is software and hardware where I can transfer the IFO files to a device that could then be burnt onto another PC for my dvd transfer ..

Obviously the RCA jacks are the first to be looked at and is easily transferrable but in todays world I am always behind the advance of todays technology and need to know if I can be educated on this ..

Thankyou:)

Last edited:

Captainkremmen

Established Member
Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are trying to do as IFO files are just information files that tell a DVD player how to find, and what to do with the video/audio files on a disc. It is the VOB files that actually contain the audio/video. Any recordings you have made on your hard disc wont be in DVD format (unless you have copied whole DVDs to the HDD which some Liteon's supported).

I'll take a guess and say you have recordings on the HDD that you want to get into DVD, but the Liteon's DVD drive is a bit hit and miss, and unreliable in that respect. It doesn't surprise me, it seems all of the Liteon HDD/DVD Recorders had really poor quality DVD drives which eventually failed.

There are a couple of things you can do, I replaced the faulty DVD drive on my Liteon A740 with a Samsung IDE DVD recordable drive designed for PC use. It works fine, but fast forward doesn't work when playing back discs.

If you are on about recording direct to a PC then yes, you can use the normal audio/composite video outputs. Connect them to a suitable capture device on the PC. A USB capture device can be bought for about £15 that connects to the PC via USB. However the quality of composite video is not very good. A better bet would be to use the Liteon's scart output, with a suitable Scart to S-Video/Stereo Audio cable as most USB capture devices for the PC have an S-Video input too. Be aware that any transfers via a capture device will be in real time, i.e. a two hour film will take two hours to transfer to a PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom