Liteon LVW 5045 HDD/DVD recorder

Chicken_George

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have owned this recorder for some four years and it has worked well. Recently I noticed that it would not recognise dvd's or play back or record to them. I tried different types with no success. I have tried contacting Liteon IT for advice but they never answer. I have updated the firmware in the past and I am now wondering if the dvd problems could be from the last update. Is it possible to go back to an earlier Firmware? Do you think I could change the dvd itself?

:devil: Have the same problem with my 'Liteon 5045' which is less than two years old. Will record to, and playback from HDD, but will not read from, nor record to DVD's no matter what type. Noticed a probelm early on which progressively got worse.Tried using a cleaner disc etc. but no good. Tried contacting 'Liteon' but no response. Got so sick bought a 'Sony 870', and use Liteon for recording to HDD. Can then transfer to Sony if require to keep. Let me know if you have any luck.:)

Chippy333 after resding your post I tried another email address I found on the liteon site. I told them that they were getting a bad rep for poor service and threatened to report them to Trading Standards. I got an immediate reply denying all knowledge of any emails and offering to help:thumbsup:
I have replied with the problems which are the same as yours so when I get any info I will post it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom