1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LiteOn LVW-5006

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by agnujab11, Oct 4, 2005.

1. agnujab11

agnujab11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.
    New to the forum, hope you can help.
    I've just got the LiteOn LVW-5006 DVD recorder and am having a little
    trouble setting it up.
    I'm using it along with my Pace 4000 series telewest digital box, vcr and tv.
    I have the Telewest SCART output going into the input for the DVD Recorder, the Video on the Telewest box going into the VCR and the SCART output from the 5006 into the TV. The VCR is connected to the TV via standard ariel.

Basically the problem is that the 5006 doesn't seem to be able to pick up any signal from the TV.
    If I change the source to SCART then I can view television but when I try and configure the 'TV Tuner' section of the 5006 setup, the scan detects nothing.
    Now this looks to be because its not scanning the AV but I could be wrong.

Do I need to configure this section for the recorder to work and if so, any ideas how to do so with my current setup?

Any general advice would be hugely appreciated - not very competant with TV setup, more used to PC's.

Cheers

Si :)

2. chrispinnock

chrispinnock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The scan won't - if I've understood correctly, you need to have an aerial input for the TV Tuner section.

BTW, what is this DVD recorder like? Any good with your set top box?

3. The Dude1983

The Dude1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, like Si, I am new to this game too!

I got the Liteon 5006 today and I'm having trouble with it.

I've searched through the TV channels on the DVD recorder and I get a perfect picture from my NTL box. However, the sound is awful. It's like a thumping sound that fades away then comes back again! I've tried fine tuning it and still nothing.

I would appreciate any help that you guys could offer! :)

Thanks in advance,

The Dude!

4. SAM1CH

SAM1CH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this system in the summer, I find it fab, but would like to know if there is a quick way of recording onto dvd, rather than playing... at the moment if I want to record, I set it to record and then go to bed. Most of the time I don't bother recording as I have Sky +.