Liteon LG4163B driver and dvd-ram query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rigley, Mar 25, 2005.

1. rigley

rigley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone advise. I have recently bought and installed a LG 4163B dvd re-writer for my PC; however, it did not come with any installation CD and so I think i should also install an appropriate driver. I am having problems that I think are caused by the lack of a driver.

For example, at the moment the drive does not recognise a DVD-ram even though it is supposed to. Also, Nero does not seem to recognise that the drive is a DVD re-writer drive and so does not give the option of copying a DVD.

At www.digital-recorder.co.uk it says I should ask here for a driver; i have tried searching but so far not found anything suitable.

I am using Windows 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,644
    With XP I didn't need to install a driver. Did you install Nero after you put the drive in ? My LG4163B came with a Nero Express, did yours come with that as well, if not and you are using an existing old version of Nero I wonder if you need an update ?

3. rigley

rigley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - yes, I was using an old version of Nero and have now updated this, which has solved my Nero problem. It now gives the copy DVD files options.

Also, I have found and installed a DVD-ram driver by following the suggestions at the following:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196326&highlight=driver

In short, I went to
    http://www.czechcomputer.cz/support-detail_doc-C6B911B14BD4719CC1256E930026683D.html

and downloaded the win2000 dvd-ram driver I needed. I also had to install winRAR to open this file. It then detected my dvd-ram drives and I can read dvd-rams now. Best wishes and thanks again.