1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon 5026 DVR issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by richwill, Aug 30, 2005.

1. richwill

richwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've cabled up the 5026 to my single scart tv and dual scart freeview box. The system is powered off and the picture is as i expect it to be. However, the moment i power the system on the picture quality is appauling (dark) this even effects the recording (just incase it was my freeview box). i've run out of ideas now and am intending to return this unit (after 4 days of ownership)

I guess i'll just have to buy a PVR with a freeview decoder in

sorry!! just wanted to vent my spleen

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I asume you are using the Freeview TV out to the Liteon-in then the Liteon-out to the TV.
    I expect you have set the Freeview box to RGB. If so this willl pass through to your TV as RGB when the Liteon is Off.
    When you power up the Liteon the 'thru' function changes to go through the Liteon circuits, and if the Liteon is set to Composite output that is the cause of the problem.
    Set the Liteon input and output to RGB.
    If it has a TV/DVD button on the handset use it to select DVD. TV mode could set it to Composite output so it can record FROM the TV using Scart bidirectional capability, but you don't need this.

3. richwill

richwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I've just checked my settings.

The freeview box is RGB out
    The 5026 is RGB Scart on the input

I've detached the antenna lead switched the Freeview box off and just rescanning the channels to see what that does if anything. I don't think there's much more i can set

Thanks for your help anyway

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You didn't mention the 5026 scart output. Is this RGB? This is key because it controls how the 5026 delivers when it's powered up.