Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Liteon 5006B Trashing discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by criticalmass, Mar 27, 2005.

1. criticalmass

criticalmass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Has anyone had any problems with a Liteon 5006B trashing blanks? I've had the unit for about 2 month now and lately its just destroying blanks for the fun of it.
    Both DVD-RW & DVD+RW. I started off thinking it was being very picky with media when they would work once or twice then i'd come to format a +RW, it'd get to 84% formatted and fail. Even formatting in a PC then putting it back into the Liteon to try and format again wouldn't work.
    I also had some problems with DVD-R when recording through the DV In, Datawrite -R with CMC dye, worked when i used them 3 weeks ago, tried the other night and it killed 3 of them, i ended up having to record to the trusty Verbatim -RW then copy across on my PC..
    However the only disc that consistantly worked was my Verbatim -RW disc until tonight when i formatted it, then did a quick preperation which failed half way through & now the disc is unusable. PC won't even recognise it.
    Getting just a bit sick of having to constantly replace media cos it trashes them.
    Anyone else suffering the same problems? :confused: :confused: