Liteon 1105hc+ Widescreen Problem.

M

Mark1981470

I recently purchased the Liteon 1105hc+, but have noticed a strange problem. The recorder is connected to my sky box using a scart cable, and the same for the output to the tv. Now heres the problem, the tv isnt a widescreen and when i watch a dvd recorded from the set up, on a widescreen tv, the picture is letterboxed. I can stretch it within reason on my widescreen tv, but it is still nowhere close to filling the screen.

i have checked and there are no options to record in widescreen format. I tested it by recording from a widescreen tv and the format was then in widescreen. Why does the tv i have in the set up make any difference, i thought the dvd recorder, recorded the signals directly? Can recording froma 4:3 tv really mean you can only watch it in 4:3 format?

Any advice will really appreciated.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Mark1981470 said:
I recently purchased the Liteon 1105hc+, but have noticed a strange problem. The recorder is connected to my sky box using a scart cable, and the same for the output to the tv. Now heres the problem, the tv isnt a widescreen and when i watch a dvd recorded from the set up, on a widescreen tv, the picture is letterboxed. I can stretch it within reason on my widescreen tv, but it is still nowhere close to filling the screen.

i have checked and there are no options to record in widescreen format. I tested it by recording from a widescreen tv and the format was then in widescreen. Why does the tv i have in the set up make any difference, i thought the dvd recorder, recorded the signals directly? Can recording froma 4:3 tv really mean you can only watch it in 4:3 format?

Any advice will really appreciated.

You are not recording from the TV but the Sky digibox.
The digibox has an option within picture settings to set 4x3 or 16x9 output.
Whenever a 16x9 program is broadcast it sends a signal via pin 8 of the scart lead to set the screen size automatically on the output device...either DVDR or TV.

M

Mark1981470

Yeah this is what i thought. But the film i recorded from sky was in widescreen format, as are most movies. I will admit this thing has me baffled. Does this mean that the dvd recorder is incapable of recording in widescreen?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom