Lite-On LVW5005 Recordable DVD Player.

i know its been replaced by the 5006, according to my local computer shop, and he has them (5006) for £179.

u also qualify for a £10 gift voucher from argos as well!!

I've got the 5005 - does what it says on the tin, all the connectivity you would look for, tuner for your new PANNY6 :thumbsup: you can't go wrong at £150 notes for a DVD-RW (or a little more for the new model) can you really ?
The build / sound / picture & record (three grades 1hr / 2hr / 4hr per std disc) quality all seem perfectly fine to me, the one thing I'd ask you before you buy is do you still want your old Video Recorder (after you copy your VHS archive to disc), if so pay a bit more for a combi unit and save some space.

SoupKing

I got one for £119.99 at argos and it does accept RGB input...

I can also confirm that the model from Argos has RGB input and RGB output (tested using Tivo RGB output).

In fact, it also has progressive scan output :clap:

This is an awesome DVD recorder for the current price (£109.99 if you include the £10 off voucher).

Bought one yesterday, updated the firmware as per the web page (no 3hr or macrovision disable - Ive already got a dvd player for that), spent this evening transferring videos to dvd (1 x 2hr (SP mode) + 4 x 1hr (EP mode), no problems whatsoever. Only noisy when putting disk in or finalizing (whine noise)

All in all a great machine and at £109.99 (£119.99 - £10 voucher) a bargin

Ronnie

BTW they are going for more than £120 on EBAY!

I also just bought this machine. While it is excellent value for money there are a couple of big omissions.
No Nicam tuner and no digital in-put.
I looked around and versions manufactured before April 04 can be modified via firmware for macro vision dissable and 3 hr record mode.
If anyone hears about modifications for the current version I would be grateful to know.
Also this version can be made region free via hand set, so overall it is a good buy :smashin:

Good. I figured it must do, as it's a fairly standard feature nowadays.

I was thinking about buying one of these to replace my current VHS recorder & my DVD player, but I couldn't find reference to DTS on the Lite-On website.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom