1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite on DVD Recorder - any good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cheap trick, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Cheap trick

Cheap trick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Your entirely safe whatever format you opt for so don't let that sway your purchase. None of the DVD recordable formats are going to disappear anytime soon.

It does have a number of limitations: recording quality, inputs, lack of editting etc. What do actually want to do with your DVD recorder (i.e. record from Sky, or VHS, or Camcorders) - perhaps we can suggest a more suitable machine?

3. Cheap trick

Cheap trick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rasczak,

Thanks for replying.

This is my first DVDR purchase and I mainly want to record from my camcorder. My budget can go to £300 at a stretch, but I'd prefer low £200's.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Have a look at the Pioneer 320. This is a good all round recorder with good features: editting, RGB input, timeslip etc. Crucially though it has iLink in/out for digital camcorder connection. This will allow you to dub to the DVD recorder in 'VR Mode' which allows you to edit, rearrange your recordings and then dub back to your camcorder. You can then dub back to the DVD recording onto DVD-R - effectively creating an editted disk that will play in virtually all DVD players.

If you don't have a digital camcorder then consider the cheaper model, the Pioneer 220 or a Panasonic E55.

5. Cheap trick

Cheap trick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Top advice thank you...I'll start price hunting now.