Question Listening to two audio sources through one Headphones

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Hi all

I have a digital piano which I am learning to play along with an on-line Udemy course on my laptop. However, I dont want to annoy the family and neighbours with my poor piano playing so I want to be able to use my headphones which is easy enough to do on my piano but I want to be able to hear the course instructors and play along to music from the laptop too. So hence my title question, how can I achieve feeding my laptop sound and Piano through to my headphones at the same time.

My piano headphone output is a 6.3mm jack. My laptop is 3.5mm, headphones have a 3.5mm plug with a 6.3mm adapter.

So is there a 2 input audio cable for this scenario or do I have to buy mixer? Mixers seems to be a bit excessive for my needs but would that be my only option?

Cheers

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Thank you for responding techiam2, I forgot about my post which was 12 days ago. Naturally, since then I would have found my solution.

The cable you show wouldn't have been a good quality solution and so decided to opt for a mixer for best quality.

So I ended up with purchasing this delightful little 5 input USB mixer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-3...d=1447851617&sr=8-1&keywords=behringer+302usb

Also, I hadn't realised how awful my laptop built in sound-card was as I was always using my Logitech G35 USB headset which I overlooked the fact it had its own superior sound-card built in. But the mixer being a USB has its own sound-card so using my lovely Brainwav HM5 headphones, laptop audio is fantastic fed through the USB mixer and of course I can also feed my Digital piano too and adjust each of the devices volume and 2 channel graphic equaliser on the mixer.

So £34 was the cost of my solution and well worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom