• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Listening feedback (QAcoustics 3050i & Elac F6.2)

RimBlock

Established Member
Having been in the market for some speaker upgrades, I recently listened to the QAcoustics 3050i's and the Elac F6.2 speakers. I am posting this to try and give some impressions and so help others who maybe looking at them.

First a few caveats.
  • I am not an audiophile.
  • I am in my mid 40's and as hearing changes with age, my experience may not mirror others of different ages.
  • The listening setup was not ideal but the comparison was good.
  • This is a subjective review of my experience and not a technical breakdown.
  • I am currently residing in Singapore with limited brands by each retailer.
  • Source material was via Spotify to a Marantz amp (sorry, didn't get the model).

In essence this is for people like me who just want an idea if they should go have a listen to these speakers without having to learn all about acoustics and the technical side of things.

TLDNR: Their both good but sound very different. Let your own ears decide.

Speakers;
Music (only 2 songs as my 3yo daughter was with us with limited attention span available);
Listening Room
Around 3 mtrs sq with speakers aligned in a row (many sets) and equipment along the sides, front and a glass window behind the sofa to the rear. No room either side of the speakers with maybe 1ft behind them.
Impressions (using the meat pie analogy).
The 3050i's were like a stuffed meat pie.
  • Everything there and focused in a big meatly lump around the speakers with plenty of bass.
  • I would imagine walking through the sound would be like wading through thick gravy it was rich and substantial.
  • Looks wise, these have their own style and would happily fit and be a bit different but not scream "look at me, look how different I am'. They would play the music and have me look to see where it is coming form and on seeing the speaker make me think, sounds good and looks good too.
  • I liked these a lot :)
The Elacs were like a meat pie 3 times the size but only 1/3rd full.
  • They felt very spacious and not so focused in one core place as the 3050's but with a lot less bass.
  • I would imagine walking through the sound would be like floating through lightly whipped mashed potato. The sound was light, airy with room to breath and dance.
  • Looks wise, these are just black boxes with noting to make them stand out at all. These seem to whisper "nothing to see here, move along please'. They would play the music and have me look to see where it is coming form and on seeing the speaker make me think, sounds good and looks looks don't matter as it is all about the music.
  • My wife liked these a lot :(.
And there we have it. Hope you enjoyed it. As mentioned it is for the average guy like myself to get a light hearted idea based on my subjective experience.

Oh, and for anyone who cares, I bought neither. I got some Focal 726's ex demo for a very good deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom