List of Toshiba BD Players which can be hacked? Please Reply!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by kashif, Mar 5, 2013.

1. kashif

kashif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post here. I have been looking for a cheap yes very cheap solution for a Multi Region player. I live in UAE and my PS3 is Region B so I can play all region B titles but I want to own something for a Region A playback. I searched and searched and came here :) I found that Toshiba is perhaps the most cheap option available but I cant seem to find any list of Toshiba BD players which can be hacked by the remote after the software modification only.

Can anyone please share a list of all Toshiba BD players which can be hacked by firmware update in order to make then multi region for Blu-Ray playback.

PS: If you think there is some other solution as well or there are other bd players which can be hacked by remote only please do share that too.

Best Regards
    Thanks.

2. Viking61

Viking61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +719
    Toshiba BDX1100/1105
    Toshiba BDX1200
    Toshiba BDX2100
    Toshiba BDX3100
    Toshiba BDX3200

Asus O!Play BDS-500
    Asus O!Play BDS-700

3. kashif

kashif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a million bro. This list will be very helpful in making decision of which one to purchase. By the way according to you which one is best among all?

4. Viking61

Viking61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +719
    Of the Toshiba models the BDX1200 and BD3200 are the most recent models. There have been reproted some problems with some films on the BDX1200, so I would stay away from that one.

But I think I would have gone for one of the Asus models. BDS-700 has twin HDMI output while BDS-500 has single.

5. kashif

kashif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot bro :) Its strange that the prices are up everywhere of models which can be region hacked. Looks like Sellers know about this hack.

6. kashif

kashif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another question please. If I purchase this player and install the region free firmware to make it region free but if after some time there is some new update from Toshiba and I download that will my player still be region free or the new firmware overwrite the region free capability?

7. Viking61

Viking61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +719
    For the Toshiba players, it will probably overwrite the region free capability. The Asus players have the region free capability in their original firmware (at least this far), so here you can upgrade the firmware.

8. ralreece

ralreece
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this might be late now - but does anyone know how to hack the BDX1400 from Toshiba?

9. astero

astero
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same question for the 1300 - can this one be made region-free (for DVDs naturally) using the supplied remote?