List of things Treyarch are fixing

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
I know that this URL has been mentioned in various threads, but its possible that some of you arn't aware.

Treyerch are keeping a list of what they are fixed and fixing here:

Call of Duty: Black Ops

The good news is that as of today, they now have a substantial list of fixes which they are working on:

* - Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
* - Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
* - Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
* - Additional improvements to party system
* · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
* · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
* · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
* · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
* · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
* · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
* · Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
* · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
* · Additional online security enhancements
* · Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
* · Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
* · Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
* · Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
* · Disable ability to vote for a previous map twice in a row
* · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

Good to see that they are taking the issues seriously.

Jon

That's a decent list. At least they're working more responsibly than EA with the FIFA 11 fixes. I still can't play that damn game without it freezing.

IMO all these problems would have been found (and hopefully fixed) if they'd had a beta - shame on you Treyarch. :mad:

IMO all these problems would have been found (and hopefully fixed) if they'd had a beta - shame on you Treyarch. :mad:

Agreed. We are the Beta :thumbsdow We are paying Tryarch to do a job they should have done to fix their problems.

Not fixing spawns then? unless i have missed it

Thats the worst part of the game!!!

no news on giving snipers a (metaphorical) wheelchair or something? after crippling them that is

Not a bug fix but treyarch listening to the community again by disabling vote for previous map, nice one.

* · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

:arty:

The guys at nextgentactics.com have been playing with 2nd accounts with no friends on their list and have noticed substantial improvement in lag. For those of you that have added AVF users new id's make sure you delete their old one.

Last edited:
I like how the list of things they are working on is a hell of a lot longer than the things they have done!

So fixing everything then or is it called re-designing the game as it should have been originally. At least they are taking things on board and listening to us so thats a positive. Just hope they fix it quickly.

At least they are taking things on board and listening to us so thats a positive.

well, they're making a list anyway :rolleyes: ... it might be a while before the problems get fixed (and maybe not all in one go) - remember how long it took Treyarch to fix the problems in WAW? I think they tried blaming that on Sony.

don't forget these 2 on the list too, which are just as important:

· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses

They're still missing the most obvious improvement of all - DEDICATED SERVERS!!!

* · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
THANK GOD!!! First time I used it I thought I was a ****ing retard because I couldn't get the thing to move where I wanted it to, was trying everything!!!

All welcome additions, but some seem to be duplicated

- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
* · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions

how long is that lot gonna take???they shouldve fine tuned this game before release,still as long as it gets sorted and soon.

Excellent news that they have acknowledged there is a problem. However I am slightly worried as to how long all of this will take.

Looking forward to playing Black Ops v.2.

They're still missing the most obvious improvement of all - DEDICATED SERVERS!!!

Exactly. Without those it's almost unplayable at times - much less about player skill than who has the best connection.

It's got until next Weds (GT5 day!) to make a favourable impression, but it's failing dismally so far. Nowhere near as good as COD4, and not even half as good as Battlefield 2.

Don't believe the hype.

Without those it's almost unplayable at times - much less about player skill than who has the best connection.

It's got until next Weds (GT5 day!) to make a favourable impression, but it's failing dismally so far. Nowhere near as good as COD4, and not even half as good as Battlefield 2.

I wonder if Treyarch might be hoping for a lot of people to give up on the online stuff and this will "fix" the lag issue without them having to do anything.

I beg to differ. A beta would of solved only some of those problems. Betas aren't full games. And almost never include all MP has to offer. Would of been maybe 2-3 maps at most. So they would of sorted out those 2-3 maps for bugs/glitches. But a beta wouldn't of included anything theater related, nothing combat training related or any sustaining leaderboards.

The only thing a beta would of uncovered is the party system and lag issues with people who have a lot of friends. They are 2 pretty big issues, I'll give you that. But who is to say whether or not a beta would of uncovered it or not? So many variables. The first week or 2 is balls for every COD game. It was for MW2, it was for WaW and it was for COD4. They can't predict every problem that a game will encounter until the masses have the FULL GAME. Two maps given out as a "beta" wouldn't solve anything.

Exactly. Without those it's almost unplayable at times - much less about player skill than who has the best connection.

Don't believe the hype.
lol... as you run out and buy a game that has been hyped (and delayed) for 5 years!!!

I beg to differ. A beta would of solved only some of those problems. Betas aren't full games. And almost never include all MP has to offer. Would of been maybe 2-3 maps at most. So they would of sorted out those 2-3 maps for bugs/glitches. But a beta wouldn't of included anything theater related, nothing combat training related or any sustaining leaderboards.

The only thing a beta would of uncovered is the party system and lag issues with people who have a lot of friends. They are 2 pretty big issues, I'll give you that. But who is to say whether or not a beta would of uncovered it or not? So many variables. The first week or 2 is balls for every COD game. It was for MW2, it was for WaW and it was for COD4. They can't predict every problem that a game will encounter until the masses have the FULL GAME. Two maps given out as a "beta" wouldn't solve anything.
Get out of here with your logic and reason! :laugh:

How do you know what would or would not have been included in a beta? In it's truest terms a beta would have included everything in the gold release (ie. you're confusing "demo" with "beta").

According to the list that Treyarch are working on, there's only maybe half a dozen map specific problems, the rest (and the ones that people are having most problems with) are all global.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom