List of things Treyarch are fixing

I'm guessing he gauged that on the leaked beta that had only 3 maps?

I'm guessing he gauged that on the leaked beta that had only 3 maps?

That's news to me, I didn't think there was a beta - who had access to this and why didn't they report the problems before the game was released? (I thought that was the whole point of a beta?)

How do you know what would or would not have been included in a beta? In it's truest terms a beta would have included everything in the gold release (ie. you're confusing "demo" with "beta").

According to the list that Treyarch are working on, there's only maybe half a dozen map specific problems, the rest (and the ones that people are having most problems with) are all global.

MAG beta was a partial MP experience. AC Brotherhood Beta is a partial MP experience. I can't think of a single beta that has in fact been the FULL game? That is how I know a COD Beta wouldn't of included the full MP experience (ie. you're confusing "beta" with "full game").

And according to that list, the only 2 problems a beta MAY HAVE uncovered were the lag and party issues. But like I said, too many variables to say they would of, with 100% certainty, been found.

Edit: I didn't even think of the Black Ops leaked beta. Which only adds to my point.

MAG beta was a partial MP experience. AC Brotherhood Beta is a partial MP experience. I can't think of a single beta that has in fact been the FULL game? That is how I know a COD Beta wouldn't of included the full MP experience (ie. you're confusing "beta" with "full game").

It's a pointless argument seeing as there wasn't a beta so I still don't see how you can say what would have been in a non-existant beta just by referring to other games which have nothing to do with Treyarch. IMO most of the problems in that list would have been highlighted by a beta anyway. YMMV - lets leave it at that.

It's a pointless argument seeing as there wasn't a beta so I still don't see how you can say what would have been in a non-existant beta just by referring to other games which have nothing to do with Treyarch. IMO most of the problems in that list would have been highlighted by a beta anyway. YMMV - lets leave it at that.

Except there was a Black Ops MP Beta...:facepalm:

As previously mentioned. So yes, I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that a public Black Ops MP beta would of only had 3 maps.

That's news to me, I didn't think there was a beta - who had access to this and why didn't they report the problems before the game was released? (I thought that was the whole point of a beta?)

It was only on the 360. And the xbox doesn't have any of the stuttering problems, which is the main issue on the ps3 imo.

I guess non of the testers bothered to get 'ninja pro' then :)

It was only on the 360. And the xbox doesn't have any of the stuttering problems, which is the main issue on the ps3 imo.
They should have had a master beta!

Correct. But 360 does have matchmaking problems. The stuttering is partially Sonys fault, which can be improved (not eliminated) by turning off your PSN notifications until Treyarch releases a patch.

Except there was a Black Ops MP Beta...:facepalm:

As previously mentioned.

Except there wasn't :facepalm:

Treyarch stated that they had no plans of releasing a PS3 beta - all the "stolen" or "leaked" footage that appeared on the Internet before launch was from the xbox version and was definitely NOT part of a beta release.

And I don't see how this has any bearing on the OP - there is a list of problems that Treyarch have published, and IMO all of these should have been found and fixed during beta phase (if there had been one). It's not like they're new to multiplayer gaming.

I don't think there's any point argueing about it any more ... but continue with the pettiness if you prefer.

Except there wasn't :facepalm:

Treyarch stated that they had no plans of releasing a PS3 beta - all the "stolen" or "leaked" footage that appeared on the Internet before launch was from the xbox version and was definitely NOT part of a beta release.

And I don't see how this has any bearing on the OP - there is a list of problems that Treyarch have published, and IMO all of these should have been found and fixed during beta phase (if there had been one). It's not like they're new to multiplayer gaming.

I don't think there's any point argueing about it any more ... but continue with the pettiness if you prefer.

Yea, I'm sure they would of made a completely different Beta then the one on Xbox just for PS3...:rolleyes:

And just so I understand this, YOU can safely assume what problems would of been found in this "hypothetical" PS3 beta, yet I can't assume what the beta would of included, citing multiple other games AND the Xbox version of the Black Ops beta as examples? :laugh:

And you're right...obviously there is no point in arguing with you about it. But feel free to continue with your ignorance if you prefer...

Correct. But 360 does have matchmaking problems. The stuttering is partially Sonys fault, which can be improved (not eliminated) by turning off your PSN notifications until Treyarch releases a patch.

Yeah there is the same matchmaking problems on the 360, and obviously all these map glitches.

And theres also the problem I can't use the xbox controller very well. But I dont think they can patch that :rotfl:

The guy who wrote "how to win friends and influence people" could get material for his new book here :)

I don't know why there's petty arguing going on. The bugs are there, Treyarch are aware and hopefully get sorted. Yes it shouldn't of been released like this but it's done now.

I can't believe the level of your arguments over beta this, beta that, XBOX this, PS3 that, when you are all missing a key point.

You should be using the word "have" not "of"

"Yes it shouldn't of been released like this but it's done now"
"Yea, I'm sure they would of made a completely different Beta then the one on Xbox just for PS3"
"...a public Black Ops MP beta would of only had 3 maps"
" A beta would of solved only some of those problems"

:hiya:

Well lets hope they can sort these issues out. :thumbsup:

* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

That is a classic. I'd love that to happen to me. Straight on you tube. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice list of fixes tho. But i see some not on there like care packages falling into the underworld that is MW2.

* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

That is a classic. I'd love that to happen to me. Straight on you tube. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice list of fixes tho. But i see some not on there like care packages falling into the underworld that is MW2.

gooner and craig lost 9 between them on 1 map last night :laugh:

I just hope that when it is all fixed i can join a part, stay with them without 1 of us being booted out, hear each other and if needed leave a lobby and still rejoined each other.

I may be wrong here but even if you say partially I still find it wrong to mark Sony in the wrong as this doesn't seem to be a problem with other games, well at least the ones I've played.
Unless I've missed something or just oblivious to it.
Wouldn't this just be down to Treyarch's poor coding of the game that gives us stuttering?

no news on giving snipers a (metaphorical) wheelchair or something? after crippling them that is

Sniping is so difficult in this game now. The map structure added to the awful ADS bobbing up and down makes a sniper not worthwhile

Sniping is so difficult in this game now. The map structure added to the awful ADS bobbing up and down makes a sniper not worthwhile

im sticking with it even it does feel a bit dirty. i can't really see them changing what they've done now because apparently loads of people hated snipers in previous CoD games :confused:

it just makes it more rewarding for me when sniping now. got a few niice drag scopes last night, only to be called a cheater in the lobby after for making the best of a bad situation.

i seriously don't know where all this hate for snipers has blossomed from? i think in all my time playing CoD games before black ops, i may have come accross a maximum of 3 snipers who have actually bested me. my only reactions have been to send them a message saying "nice sniping" or something similar

im sticking with it even it does feel a bit dirty. i can't really see them changing what they've done now because apparently DAVID VONDERHAARHARHAR and a couple of people backed him up and his hate for snipers in previous CoD games :confused:
Fixed

i seriously don't know where all this hate for snipers has blossomed from? i think in all my time playing CoD games before black ops, i may have come accross a maximum of 3 snipers who have actually bested me. my only reactions have been to send them a message saying "nice sniping" or something similar

It is a bit annoying though when you have a sniper running round using the rifles like an assault rifle. with one hit kills quickscoping.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom