List of things that you do when setting up your gaming rig.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
I do a few things to the Windows/GPU settings on setting up my rigs , in no particular order ..
Disable all privacy settings in W10 .
Disable hibernation.
Download one or two benchmarking tool/software for Windows and the GPU ( to make sure things are running correctly )
Update all drivers and chipset drivers for W10 , mobo and GPU
Set power mode to high performance in Windows
Set Nvidia performance to MAX
Set the PC to never sleep or turn off screen
Set windows to the right resolution and refresh rate of the monitor or TV
Power options > Advance settings > ( turn off hard disc after )=never
Delete all the crap that come's with a fresh install of Windows ( caddy crush , skype , solitaire and whatnot's from the apps and features ) and remove all " tiles"
Download your game clients.

I'm sure there one two or three other things that i do , just can't remember them at the moment lol

: For Ryzen, always get the chipset drivers directly from AMD, along with Ryzen Master. All other drivers from the motherboard site. Make sure XMP is enabled in the BIOS.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Is there anything that you do that could help my self or others in setting up their rig to make run better ?
post anything useful and i'll add them to the list ..:)

Last edited:

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Good one!

For Ryzen, I always get the chipset drivers directly from AMD, along with Ryzen Master. All other drivers from the motherboard site. Make sure XMP is enabled in the BIOS.

I generally like to have Rivatuner and HWINFO there to keep an eye on things like temps while I play.

Also get Playnite so I can see all my games in one place.

Delvey

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom