List Of Low-Profile (Bracket) Cards

Dankeech

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'd like to start a thread on low profile cards. For some reason it seems quite awkward and time-consuming to investigate which cards will go in a low profile (Half-height bracket) case.

I've just got a DC7100 Small Form Factor and been looking into the subject. For some reason the manufacturers don't seem to be putting enough info on their sites for us regards to this.

Ok:

The List

PCI-E Graphics Cards:

XFX Geforce 8400GS (PCI-E) 256Mb, supports 512Mb DDR2, Part number PV-T86S-WANG
You need to purchase the low profile bracket kit seperately, part number MA-BK01-LP1K, costs between £5 to £10

XFX Geforce 7300LE (PCI-E) 128Mb, supports 512Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T72P-PANG
You need to purchase the low profile bracket kit seperately, part number MA-BK01-LP1K, costs between £5 to £10

XFX Geforce 7300GS (PCI-E) Supporting 512Mb, Part Number PV-T72G-WAN7 & PV-T72G-WANG

XFX Geforce 7300LE DDR2 (PCI-E) 128Mb, Supporting 512Mb, Part Number PV-T72P-RAN7 & PV-T72P-RANG

XFX Geforce 7300LE DDR PCI-E) 128Mb, Supporting 512Mb, Part Number PV-T72P-RAMG

XFX Geforce 7300LE DDR (PCI-E) 256Mb, Supporting 512Mb, Part Number PV-T72P-WANG

XFX Geforce 7100GS PCI-E Supporting 256Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T72V-JANG

XFX Geforce 7100GS (PCI-E) Supporting 512Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T72V-PANG

XFX Geforce 7100GS (PCI-E) Supporting 512Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T72V-WANG

XFX Geforce 7100GS (PCI-E) Supporting 512Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T72V-RANG

XFX Geforce 6600 (PCI-E) 256Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T43P-WANG

XFX Geforce 6500 (PCI-E) 128Mb DDR, Part Number PV-T44F-RAMG

XFX Geforce 6500 (PCI-E) 256Mb DDR2, Part Number PV-T44F-WANG

XFX Geforce 6200 TC (PCI-E) Supporting up to 512Mb, Part Number PV-T44P-RANG

XFX Geforce 6200 TC (PCI-E) Supporting up to 256Mb, Part Number PV-T44P-JAMG

XFX Geforce 6200 TC (PCI-E) Supporting up to 256Mb, Part Number PV-T44P-RAMG

XFX Geforce 6200 LE (PCI-E) 128Mb DDR supporting up to 512Mb, Part Number PV-T44E-RAMG

XFX Geforce 6200 LE (PCI-E) 128Mb DDR2 supporting up to 512Mb, Part Number PV-T44E-PANG

AGP Graphics Cards:

XFX Geforce 6200 (AGP 8x) 128Mb, Part Number PV-T44A-PANG

XFX Geforce 6200 (AGP 8x) 128Mb, Part Number PV-T44A-RAMG

XFX Geforce FX5200 (AGP 8x) 128Mb DDR, Part Number PV-T34K-NTH(X)

PCI Sound Cards:

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio, OEM Part number 30SB079200000,
You need to contact Creative and they will send you a Low-Profile Bracket, though I would suggest doing this before purchase of the sound card as it means you're safe buying it. This is how I sourced mine.

Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE OEM Part Number 30SB057000000, Retail 70SB057002003
You need to contact Creative and they will send you a Low-Profile Bracket, though I would suggest doing this before purchase of the sound card as it means you're safe buying it. This is how I sourced mine.

It'd be great if others could add more products with the info show above and I'll edit this post and incorporate them into the list. I must say even as an IT Tech, it's been awkward locating low-profile products / brackets etc...

I felt I should post in this particular forum as I intend to include any cards and the subject lays along the lines of motherboards and cases as the form factor / profile is what's shared in common etc.

Dan.

The Creative Audigy SE PCI sound card also has an optional low profile bracket and again this is only available through creative's US e-commerce site. I purchased this card today and e-mailed creative about sourcing a bracket in the UK. As above i will let you know what they say.

I've had a couple of replies from Creative who've been polite, but not the most helpful as I'm getting somewhere very slowly. It's amazing how much effort you seem to have to put in with correspondance wiith manufacturers to source a simple bracket.

Think I'm on my 3rd sent message to Creative (Each time having to fill out all my details on their website which is frustrating), but I'm now at the point where they're asking for Address, serial number and date of purchase etc. I've pointed out that I haven't yet got the card but will as soon as they confirm the bracket is available to me, as don't wish to buy a card that as yet will not fit my machine..

I hope to get another reply from them tomorrow evening and we'll see how it goes. I'm tending to get replies in about 24 hours excluding weekends etc. If I get a positive answer, I'll summarise how you get the bracket and add all sound cards compatibel with this bracket to the PCI Soundcard List

Dan

Just an update for anyone who reads this:
The low profile bracket that fits cards like X-Fi Xtreme Audio low profile card etc is creative part number ME00SB0410100

Last edited:
More XFX cards added, not yet got to end of discussion with Creative about their low-profile bracket. Will update accordingly when I have more info.

After filling in the web based formed (including serial number etc) Creative told me they will send me a bracket free of charge although they are currently out of stock. So fingers crossed!

Cheers PD3000. I'm the proud owner of one Creative low-profile bracket. It arrived in the post on Friday free of charge from the manufacturer straight from America. I'm suprised Creative don't just ship a thousand or so to the UK,. I doubt they'r expensive.

Installation must just be unscrewing the 2 screws on the old card that fix the bracket to it and swapping it for the low profile bracket and using those same screws to attach it.

My little small form factor is becoming quite a beast:thumbsup:

The creative cards have Digitial Coaxial (3.5mm plug) seperate to the normal outputs so I can choose digital output as well as stereo by the looks of it.:smashin:

Cue next week having 5.1/7.1 from the PC I think.

Dan.

From Jonesybones (via PM):

Jonesybones said:
Hi Dan,
I basically just wanted to know which sound card you ended up getting and how has worked out for you. I'm looking at trying to get a 7.1 setup from my low profile HTPC direct to my Denon 3806.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,
Worked out pretty well. I use the digital-out of the X-Fi Extreme Audio and use a Mark Grant Digital soundcard digital breakout cable (£15, www.markgrantcables.co.uk).

This has allowed me to use my Arcam AVR250's onboard DAC's which has offered a noticeable improvement over the X-Fi's which aren't bad at all, just not quite as good.

System runs completely stable & happy to output 5.1 etc from DVD's, but there's not a great deal of support for video files with 5.1 soundtrack etc.

Videolan's VLC player gives stuttering sound, a known issue with it but it has been given a low priority for getting fixed by the programmers.

GOM Player is pretty good and gives better results, another Freeware player that's pretty full-featured.

All in all for a mere £30 + £15 cable I've been extremely happy and would recommend anyone the same equipment without hesitation.

Hope that helps,

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom