List of graphics cards with performance figures

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of current graphics cards and their performances with various games etc?

I'm helping a mate price up a games machine and I'm confused by the numbering of the offerings from both stables :D

I don't believe it !! Yesterday on Friday 13th my trusty old games computer finally bit the dust, it just won't boot up any more. It's a socket 939 job so you can tell how long I've had it!

I'm trying to decide between the GTX560TI and the GTX570 graphics cards, which one would you all go for? I assume the 560TI should be a lot better than my old 8800GTX?

Last edited:
I was assuming that the 570 is newer technology than the 480 so would probably be quieter and cooler?

john the 5 series are a refresh of the 4 series fermi cards , the 5 series run around 6c cooler and about 15% faster, that's about it the 5 series are not new tech thats out around November this year.

even so that gigabyte card has a custom cooler on the 480 worth at least £40, and makes it a better card over the 570 which has less memory as well.

Do you reckon it's worth me keeping the old 8800GTX ? Would anyone buy this sort of card these days?

Or use it as a Physx card?

Yes I could sell it but I don't know that anyone would want such an old card :D

Well I've ordered a replacement games computer already built as I can't be bothered building my own this time.

I might hang on to this 8800GTX and build a secondary system for the bedroom using a bundle of cpu/motherboard/RAM/case. I could also use the 620W Corsair PSU I rescued from the knackered computer. Anyone know of any good bundle deals that would suffice for a machine to play C&C3 etc on?

got 2 6950's 2GB and unlocked them to 6970's, got to say for the price i payed, there amazing.

So what would be a decent upgrade from a 4870 without spending silly money? Say around £120..

Either 5850, 460GTX 1GB or the Ati 6950 is apparently at a very good price at ebuyer.

just plumped for a GTX560 Ti , bit more than I was planning to spend but I think worth it in the long run, the start of a major overhaul of my system I think

With this in place i'll be running :

Q6600
GTX560Ti
OCZ stealth 600W PSU
4GB DDR2

I imagine the Q6600 will be a potential bottleneck now, will see how it performs with just the GPU upgrade, if it looks like I need more then its time for an i5 2500k I reckon

just plumped for a GTX560 Ti , bit more than I was planning to spend but I think worth it in the long run, the start of a major overhaul of my system I think

With this in place i'll be running :

Q6600
GTX560Ti
OCZ stealth 600W PSU
4GB DDR2

I imagine the Q6600 will be a potential bottleneck now, will see how it performs with just the GPU upgrade, if it looks like I need more then its time for an i5 2500k I reckon

Yes and no.
If you over clock it it will be less so.

But the whole new sandybridge processors and their MoBos are a lot quicker with games.

never bothered with OC, I know the Q6600 is generally good for it (although this isn't a G0), perhaps i'll look into that

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom