List of Full Backlit LED LCD TVs

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
If you have a full backlit LED LCD TV, then the best setting for local or global dimming is likely to be Low. Not sure whether you have full backlit TV or not?
List of Full Backlit LED LCD TVs
LG LE8900
LG LE9900
LG LM960V
LG LW950T
LG LX8900
LG LX9900
Philips PFL9604
Philips PFL9606
Philips PFL9704
Philips PFL9706
Philips PFL9955
Philips PFL9956
Samsung A786
Samsung A956
Samsung F96
Sharp LE600
Sharp LE700
Sharp LE836
Sony HX923
Sony X4500
Toshiba SV685
Toshiba ZL2

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Have we missed a full backlit LED TV off the list? Let us know and we will add it.
Thanks

chaz

I have a LG 42LM3400 don't know if mine is back lit led or not. please advise. Thanks

dennisg

sony hx 923 here. Local dimming is called "LED Dynamic control" - I presume. So why low, rather than standard? I would have thought that standard would give far better blacks.

The available settings are off, low and standard.

Last edited:

dennisg

Hello - anyone tell me what the difference between standard and low is on the LED dynamic control settings, please - and which one should be used?

AndyCob

Sony KDL-55X4500 its a full RGB backlight as well.

djtv

Standard Member
My TV is an LG 42LB730

In RS the picture was great and smooth. In fact my choice was between this and the PANASONIC TX-42AS650, which as you will know. I didn't choose because the 3D and sound was much better in the LG even though the pic was still good in 2D.

Anyway, since I have had the LG at home setup, the TV suffers from judder and an unnatural picture, which I am trying to fix. cinema. I have nailed, but sport isn't great and that's where most of the judder and blur. Any pointers would be welcome.

Also RS state it is backlit, but there are more than one type (Full, Edge or Direct). Anybody have any ideas which it is.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom