Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Question List of free UHD 4k movies on Google Play

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Aston100, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Aston100

Aston100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a 49xe8004 recently.
    I have signed into my Google account and have a payment method setup.

I can't work out which of the numerous movies in the Google Play app are available to choose from for the free UHD movie offer.

There is no 'included' section.

I picked a few new movies at random and all were asking to pay £13.99 for UHD. Eventually when I clicked on Spider Man Homecoming, I saw an option to redeem an offer.
    Therefore I conclude Spiderman is one of the options.

How on Earth do I figure out the rest of the choices?
    I actually wanted Bladerunner 2049 or Thor Ragnarok, but I do not believe these can be selected for free.

Anyone able to help please?

2. HeavyMachine

HeavyMachine
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There should be a list of the free movies on the app, at least that's how it was when I got mine.

I chose Trainspotting 2. I seem to remember there being many other Spider-man films? The choices were a bit rubbish if I recall tbh.

3. Aston100

Aston100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke to Sony customer services who weren't that great.
    They felt the issue was that my @googlemail.com email was not a google email address at all and that I should change to a @gmail.com email address.
    Thereafter, they proceeded to reset my TV remotely and basically left me in a worse situation than before I phoned them.

Spoke to Google customer services who pretty much pointed the finger at Sony and said it's their promo offer and I should call them back.

In the meanwhile, I have managed to work out that Chappie is another movie that's on the included list. So that's two movies I'm aware of. Presumably Trainspotting 2 too, given the above post.

My TV is registered and I'm logged in with my google account. Payment methods in place etc.
    Just no list or category for movies that are within the promo offer.

4. StoufferTheCat

StoufferTheCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I had exactly the same problem. No matter what I did I could not get the TV to display the list of free movies I could chose from.
    In the end, I logged into the Google Movies app from my PC and found the option there and was able to redeem my free film.
    Sony were equally unhelpful with me - just telling me the same thing over, it will be there!
    Why they didn't use voucher codes we'll never know :)