List of audio gear

theogulland

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all

Only a few hours to go now!

I was just wondering if anyone knows where there is an info bank, or a site which shows a lists of all the audio gear around.

So basically a libaray with info on all brands, models, watts, weights, year produced etc.

I'm creating a site which has a catalogue of these kinds of things, so was wondering if anyone knew of anything good and reliable?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

www.superfi.co.uk isn't too bad of a start, they have a discontinued products section I've looked up some info on some old NAD amps I've got.

www.retrohifi.co.uk is also probably worth a look.

For Naim information their website is pretty good on listing previous models they've released through the years (checked info/manuals for my Naim 135's, Naim NAC 52, CDS CD player and a couple of their power supplies).

Steve

Many of the Audio Magzines print yearly Buyer's Guides which as simply lists and tables of every component they could find and the relevant specs.

For example, I have a back issue of Hi-Fi Choice that is a combination of Buyer's Guide and Editor's Choice.

Typically a Buyer's Guide is simply table of information and prices.

Editor's Choice, on the other hand, is picked from all the equipment they have tested, in a sense it is the best of the best in their opinion.

Both are very valuable, and you might find them on-line.

Specifications are easy enough, just go to manufacturer's website. As to opinion on the equipment, best to check objective tests and listener reviews.

Just a few thoughts.

Steve/bluewizard

What Hi-Fi usually produce lists of components at the back of their magazines. Also the same current equipment can be found on their website (not so much older equipment). Did you go to the websites I suggested?

Great thanks guys will look into this one! Always good coming here for good input!

I am also looking for companies to share there deal information with me so we can show it on our site (for free).

Any idea where I could start with that one by any chance?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom