Lips: Number One Hits (UK Release: 23 Oct 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cvg said:
Lips: Number One Hits is a full sequel to Microsoft's first karaoke game, due for release in October.

Number One Hits will be a full retail product rather than DLC expansion, although in terms of the gameplay, there doesn't appear to be any major changes over the original Lips.

So it's all about the track list then, which MS says will feature "tracks spanning diverse genres and generations that have graced the No. 1 position on major global charts."

The confirmed tracks so far are:

"Viva La Vida" by Coldplay

"Disturbia" by Rihanna

"U Can't Touch This," by MC Hammer

"More Than Words," by Extreme

"Apologize" by Timbaland featuring OneRepublic

"Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye

"Oh, Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison

"Ready, Set, Go!" by Tokio Hotel

MC Hammer's sweet - not enough T.I in that list though. Sort it out MS.

Info and video here: News: New Lips is 'Number One Hits' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

o THE CHAD o

Thats exactly what the Lips franchise needs is more Coldplay....:eek:

Just seen this:

CVG said:
Microsoft has revealed plans sell standalone Xbox 360 Wireless Microphones, as seen in Lips bundles.

The bad news? "The Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone will have an estimated retail price of $49.99 (U.S.)". That's the same price as the Lips two-microphone bundle. So you'd have to be a grade-A numpty to opt for a standalone mic rather than a game and two mics for the same price. That's got to be a mistake.

But it was this bit that caught my eye...

CVG said:
Microsoft points out that the 360 Wireless Mics are compatible with Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero Metallica, Disney Sing It as well as upcoming music games Beatles: Rock Band and Lips: Number One Hits.

I knew about GH: Metallica and Beatles, but I wasn't aware that they are compatible with RB2 (although I had heard rumours of an upcoming patch).

Or have I missed something? :confused:

Captain Speedy

I knew about GH: Metallica and Beatles, but I wasn't aware that they are compatible with RB2 (although I had heard rumours of an upcoming patch).

Or have I missed something? :confused:

They are just pre-empting the patch, i tried the lips mics on sunday on RB2 and they still didnt work.

I'm liking the look of this!!

CVG said:
Microsoft's released a partial track list for Lips: Number One Hits (with the rest supposedly on >Xbox.com - we can't find them), which arrives in shops some time this autumn.

Coldplay, Rihanna, Tokio Hotel, Timbaland feat. OneRepublic, Extreme, Culture Club, MC Hammer, Roy Orbison and Marvin Gaye feature on the new game, which can be combined with the original for a bumper karaoke package.

In addition, those who buy Number One Hits will receive a free 5-track pack download of their choice from Xbox Live Marketplace, says MS.

• California Love by 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman.
  • Barbie Girl by Aqua.
  • Just Dance by Lady Gaga.
  • Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears.
  • The Fear by Lily Allen.
  • Don't Phunk With My Heart by Black Eyed Peas.
  • I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters.
  • Heartless by Kanye West.
  • Touch My Body by Mariah Carey.
  • Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
  • Always On My Mind by Pet Shop Boys.
  • I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.
  • Push the Button by Sugababes.

News: Lips - new tracks revealed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Earlyflash

What an awful lineup of songs (With the exception of MC Hammer).

At least you don't have to sing to do Lily Allen, just talk and sound a bit stupid.

Last edited:

maby66

Thought I'd bump this.

Lips Number One hits is scheduled for release on 23/10, and the full 40 track listing is given from various sources as follows:

"Viva la Vida" Coldplay
"Don't Matter" Akon
"The Tide is High (Get the Feeling)" Atomic Kitten
"Loser" Beck
"Don't Phunk With My Heart" Black Eyed Peas
"Heart of Glass" Blondie
"Big Girls Don't Cry" Fergie
"Broken Strings" James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado
"She Drives Me Crazy" Fine Young Cannibals
"Around The Way Girl" LL Cool J
"How You Remind Me" Nickelback
"Love Generation" Bob Sinclar
"Don't Worry Be Happy" Bobby McFerrin
"Bubbly" Colbie Caillat
"(I Just) Died In Your Arms" Cutting Crew
"Disturbia" Rihanna
"U Can't Touch This" MC Hammer
"More Than Words" Extreme
"Apologize" OneRepublic feat. Timbaland
"Karma Chameleon" Culture Club
"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" Marvin Gaye
"Oh, Pretty Woman" Roy Orbison
"Ready, Set, Go!" Tokio Hotel
"The Look" Roxette
"Millennium" Robbie Williams
"California Love" 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman
"Barbie Girl" Aqua
"Just Dance" Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" Tears for Fears
"The Fear" Lily Allen
"Hey Baby" DJ Otzi
"I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" Scissor Sisters
"Heartless" Kanye West
"Touch My Body" Mariah Carey
"Hey There Delilah" The Plain White T's
"Always On My Mind" Pet Shop Boys
"I'm Yours" Jason Mraz
"I Get Around" The Beach Boys
"Lovefool" The Cardigans
"Push the Button" Sugababes

In addition, purchaseres will be able to download their own 5 pack of tracks from Marketplace for free (LiPS - Lips: Number One Hits Transcends Your Singing Game Experience with Fun New Interactive Features

The game will be available with and without microphones.

Interesting observations - Lips microphones are now fully compatible with other music themed games such as Rockband and Guitar Hero. This could be useful for those who have not purchased full instument sets (like me) and gets more use out of the accessory. Lips microphones are of course wireless.
This version of Lips will integrate Avatars into the game.

It would be too much to ask that you could just utilise the content of either Lips1 or 2 in either game - ie select the combined track pack from within one game rather than having to swap disks - any thoughts?

Codehead

Distinguished Member
I was wondering if No1 Hits might be an extension to the original game as there are 250g worth of new achieves in Lips that aren't gettable yet. :confused:

Maybe there'll be a title update/DLC for the original yet.

Last edited:

maby66

It seems prety silly to have to buy the disc/package (even without microphones) if you already have the first.
Also, will DLC support for the first switch to this new one?

A friend has Lips 1, which is good fun for parties/drunken sturday nights in, and I am a little tempted by one or the other. Ideally (though I doubt this would be possible) I would buy the latest version then be able to import the tracks from Lips 1 into the library without further requiring the disc.

Isnt this what you can do with various incarnations of Rockband?

It would be silly to have to keep both games to play tracks from each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom