Lip synch problem playing DVDs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Franco50, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Franco50

Franco50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have just replaced my old Panasonic plasma TV with an LG 49SJ800V LED. When playing standard def DVDs on my Panasonic Blu-ray player (DMP-BD80) I notice a very slight lip synch problem between video and audio. This never happened when using the plasma. It is very slight I have to admit but just enough to be noticeable and very annoying! The only thing that is slightly different from the previous set up is I am using a cheaper quality HDMI cable but surely that would not be the cause?

2. Mr_Grinch

Mr_Grinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I've found my LG (C6 OLED) has the same issue.

Try disabling real cinema (on mine it's in picture settings and I think "Advanced Settings", or something like that) and see if that gets things back in sync.

If it does then your TV has the same issue as mine, I 'fixed' it by adding an 85ms delay to the audio through my amp.

3. Franco50

Franco50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    In picture settings I have Standard selected but the issue is still there. I've also tried playing around with the AV Synch setting in the advanced sound menu but none of the available settings make any difference. Some DVDs seem worse than others but it is really frustrating. It's making me wish I'd kept my old plasma as this wasn't an issue before. The problem only shows up when playing DVDs - watching normal Freeview TV isn't a problem. Also the problem is evident whether using the TVs own speakers or using a soundbar (Yamaha).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018