Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

lip synch problem on my new yamaha 750se

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SILVERBACK, Oct 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    bought this about a month ago,it was a upgrade from a sony830 and all was well untill recently i have started to notice lip sync errors.i have had a fiddle around with the audio delay but it seems that it starts at 0MS and goes up i need it to go below 0 to get it balanced right.i can say 100% i never had this problem with the sony and now i have noticed it its really beginning to bug me.

if i have the tv on and no amp the sound is fine and i would say using the amp 80% of the time its ok but just recently with a dvd and a sky broadcast i have noticed a lag and when i have both the tv volume and the amp on there is a echo.anyone know or have the same problem as i really dont want to uninstall all my connections again and take it back.

2. NeilA

NeilA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed the same issues, sometimes when watching sky but also when watching DVD's. I wasn't sure if its an amp issue or screen (mine is hooked up to a Pioneer 434HDE). I'm a bit reluctant to start fiddling about in case I make it worse than it already is. Does anyone have any clues?

3. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only had my 750 3 days but I noticed it lagged on one scene of The Two Towers I watched. I think it might depend on which surround programme you're using - has anyone who's had the amp longer noticed this?

4. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Do realise that sky signal and dvd software have lip sync problems that is just transferred to your av receiver.

Try isolated the problem through different audio playback devices ie. tv speakers, stereo through amp ( i.e. scart to 2 stereo phono plugs) and finally digital output.

I have found that majority of the times the problem are with the sky broadcast signal sinc delay between digital audio and visual.

5. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +226
    Plasmas also suffer latency issues which can create very noticeable lipsync issues. However I'm pretty sure that the Yamaha amps have a correction feature on board - check yer manuals for an easy fix!
    Markie Boy