1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JUS, Aug 9, 2003.

1. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I've got myself an Iscan Ultra :cool: . I expect to have to buy an amp with audio delay to fix lip sync issue...and indeed I will. I'm just really surprised the difference between discs. I've watched a number of R1 discs over the past few days and I didn't notice any lip sync issues at all (Abyss, The bunker two I can remember). I watched R2 Phantom Menace and it was way out. Would the lip sync differ between 480p & 576p?

I was hoping I could buy the amp. Sync the audio and video and leave it for ever more. It's not another setting I'm going to be for ever fiddling with is it? The wife hates it when I keep bringing up menus while we're watching films :( :D

2. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have a similar setup. I have all my sources thru my Denon A1SR amp, which upscales everything to component video. I then output to the iScan Ultra, then iScan to Plasma. I tend to find that a 60ms delay suits Sky Digital and DVD quite well, although I agree that there have been certain DVD's still need adjustment, but these have probably just been badly mastered.

Another unusual problem to watch out for, is the iScan popping in and out of 2:2 and 3:2 processing, when frames are dropped by Sky Digital. This can be quite anoying, but the image quality is excellent on my Panny PWD4 plasma. This problem is discussed in depth in one of the other Plasma screen forums

3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I am really happy with my Iscan. Interesting you say that. I found sometimes when watching a letter box film the black bar at the bottom would change colout to a tan or blue! I thought it was a problem with the projector because if I reselected the input mode it would fix it. ( i.e. select 480p) Maybe that's what's causing it. I'll do a search.