1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gsxr750steve, Jun 18, 2005.

1. gsxr750steve

gsxr750steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got Sky+ running into my Pio 435XDE but have the sound routed via my Surround Sound Amp. On some programs, but not all, I get a Lip Sync problem.

Anyone seen this - and why should it be only 'some' programs? I could understand it if it was all programs on all channels - that would be down to the Plasma taking longer to process the picture than the Amp took to process the sound - but only 'some' programs? It isn't even channel dependant?

Any hints would be great. Thanks.

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    not sure, but could be down to the way the channel has encoded the program. I used to get lip sync on some channels, but since i wired up my plasma with component, its disappeared so maybe try that if you can?

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There is a slight delay in your picture to begin with as you are using an amp and it sends out the sound milliseconds before you see the picture on your screen due to your lcd screen taking that little bit longer to process its picture. The problem is that some programmes on sky are out of sync to begin with, now this wouldn't be noticable through your speakers on your lcd but as your amp is adding to the sync problem it becomes noticable. With sky programmmes that are in sync to begin everything is fine as your amp giving out the sound milliseconds before the picture isn't noticable but when sky send out programes with sync issues your amp exaggerates it. So basically i allow you to blame sky and call them all the names under the sun.

4. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cure is a av amp with global delay . or the Felston digital delay box