1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DRGL, Feb 9, 2005.

1. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    One forum doesn't really cover this so i'll post here. I've got a Sony HQ100,we all know that whilst watching DVD's there is a small lip sync problem. Sony have supplied a DVD-NS955 DVD player & a HT-DDW869 surround system. The DVD player has an "AV alignment" setting that can induce a delay of upto 100ms. However this delay only works if the following are set- Dolby Digital set to D-PCM,MPEG set to PCM & DTS set to D-PCM. If i set Dolby Digital to Dolby Digital, MPEG to MPEG & DTS to DTS is sounds MUCH better(surround effect is greater-seems to be more sounds too) BUT i then get the small lip sync problem. If i set the player to the settings with the delay i get no lip sync issues but seem to lack the surroubnd sound? Can someone explain what is going on in lay mans terms?? I guess it's all down to the digital processors. Does this mean i can't have the better sounding option AND no lip sync issues?? Thanks ps,what do all these settings actually mean??!!

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    After playing it seems only the "Dolby Digital" setting has any effect,if it's set to D-PCM the AV alignement thing works but the sound isn't as good(surroud sound is working but the sounds just aren't as loud/precise) if it's set to Dolby Digital it sounds amazing but there is a small lip sync issue!!

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think it may be easier to just get one of these!!!

http://www.felston.com/

Pity it only has one input :( Does anyone know of similar devices with multiple inputs? It would be nice to connect the freeview & DVD-R up to the surround sound too :)

4. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone? I was told Plasma's suffer from lip sync too? Surely i'm not the only one !!! :(