1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Laingy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Laingy

Laingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My AV32R is running version 3.11 of the tag software. Since I have just purchased a scalar, I am starting to experience some lip sync problems, but the tag will only delay up to 50ms. Does the more recent versions of the software (4.3) increase the amount of delay as 50ms doesnt seem to be enough.

regards

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Newer versions of AV32SP code support up to 100ms lip sync delay. On DP and 192R it's 250ms.

3. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I ran into the 50 mS limit and spoke to the helpdesk about it. They explained how much resource was needed to cope with even 50 mS of delay so I lived with the problem, which I later discovered was probably the DVDs anyway (funny how I never got it with CDs mmm...).

Anyway, playing with the next version of the software, I found the increase. That was Tag McLaren Audio all over. Any other manufacturer would probably bought the front page of the main HC mags to announce such an advance. How endearingly "British" can you get?

4. Laingy

Laingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, I will download the upgrade to 3.8 this weekend

regards