1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync with PACE Digital TV Adapter ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by SShaw, Jun 29, 2003.

1. SShaw

SShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chaps,

Bought a (cheap) PACE Digital TV Adapter to use with my PJ yesterday. Problem is it seems to suffer from really bad lip sync problems.

My ariel is located in the loft so signal strength is an issue (max's at about 30).

Is the lip sync problem normal?

Scott

2. Pod Person

Pod Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think lip sync (out of sync) is the broadcaster at fault? (If I'm wrong then someone will tell us.) I use a pace fta box that doesn't suffer from such probs as far as I know. Don't use it much though.

But my sky dish receiver - ITV, Reality TV ect...has had bad lip sync lately. But again I suspect this is the broadcaster at fault.

3. SShaw

SShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to have sorted itself out now, so I think you may be right.

Scott

4. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    I don't think it is - I'm getting the problem on my Netgem when switching between AV1 AV2 etc. Cycling the Netgem power seems to work.

5. SShaw

SShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its back again :(. Interestingly, if I change from a channel with which I am having problems and then immediately switch back it seems to clear itself up. Problem also appears to rear its ugly head when I rapidly switch between channels. Guess I'll have to give up TV surfing :(

Scott

6. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When the video and audio drop out of sync it's usually a sign that the software can't keep up - often because of a poor signal.* It gets confused. Changing channel or rebooting often fixes it (till the next time).

* "Poor signal" also includes impulse interference from traffic and house wiring. Having a loft aerial can exacerbate both of those problems. The aerial should be as far away from house wiring and main roads as possible and the cable needs to be double-shielded. The latest CAI standard says that the aerial should include a "balun" (transformer).

Of course you can get away with poorer equipment, just as you can drive on bald tyres. But that doesn't mean the "handling" will be satisfactory. You'll always be waiting for the next sharp corner!

Fman

7. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    Just had an email from Netgem (great feedback speed BTW Netgem) confirming that there is a bug that results in the lip sync problem.

They report it will fixed in the next software release.