1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip sync using progressive scan component

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Tracey, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I can't use the progressive scan component output on my DV27 as I'm getting lip sync on region 2 discs (I haven't tried any region 1 discs yet). I know that progressive scan is only output on NTSC discs, but the DV27 is supposed to just revert back to non progressive component for Pal discs, so I don't understand why I'm getting lip sinc. I have the component lead going from the DV27 straight into the back of the plasma, any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
    Tracey

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hmmm. I take it you have the original DV27 then if it does not do PAL Prog scan... this may not help but I was under the impression yo could turn PAL prog on via a menu screen. It was only never properly enabled due to it not being ratified at the time.

If someone can reply whether this is possible it may solve your problems

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    taken from

http://www.envytech.co.uk/arcamdvd/#video-multiregion

4. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I'll try that, it is the original DV27 but I had a firmware/software update about 2 months ago because the draw kept on getting stuck, I'm now also having problems where I can't go back a chapter when watching a DVD which didn't happen before I got the upgrade.

Tracey

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    Also, doesn't the DV27 have an audio delay feature to get over this problem, have you set it ??

If you had a new firmware installed it probably activated Pal progressive, and this is why you may be gettting the delay now and not before.