lip sync - sometimes it looks like the programme is dubbed - is this normal on bigger TV?

p1tse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just upgrades an ancient 32" LCD to a Hisense 7ub 50" with ARC connected Sonos Beam

I see in the menu if using TV speaker there is a lip sync options, but once the Sonos Beam is connected that option is disabled.

Watching the like of Master Chef, I'm a Celebrity via Sky+ source; sometimes it feels like the programme is badly dubbed due to lip sync?

Not sure whether it's actually being able to see the mouth move previously on the 32" it's just looking at the person rather than the head.

You will probably find a lip sync setting in the $ky+ unit to get it to match on the external speakers?

Adjusting THAT may then mean you need to tweak the TV speaker sync?

Sonos bar may also have it's own lip sync adjustment?

Another option could be to not send DD from $ky but vanilla PCM stereo, as the Sonos is introducing the decoding delay.

TV speaker are in active I assume with the soundbar in it's place

I don't see any adjustment for Sonos Bar, I'll have a look in Sky+ box.

Thanks, but last comment makes no sense to me lol

$ky box has an option in the hdmi sound output menu to decode DD sound and send as stereo PCM or send the received DD bitstream on for decoding by the TV or an AV device.

DD allows 5.1 surround to be sent... but ITV is only ever stereo and Masterchef is also only ever stereo and your soundbar probably only stereo. Decoders introduce delay, and setting the $ky box to decode to stereo PCM will likely cure the lip sync issue automatically.

Sonos App should allow some delay adjustment I'd have thought?

Sonos beam lip sync issue | Sonos Community is one thread on the same issue....

Thanks
Had a quick play with Sky + sound options

changed output normal to Dolby D
Output delay 20ms

seems better

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom