• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

lip sync probs

tonyrees687

Hi
very sorry if this has been done but couldnt find the answer i was hoping for .
Denon 3802 and pany 42 plasma dont work together just recently with my sky +.
big lip sync probs on live broadcasts with sky + ,and gets worse when watching recorded sky + programs
ive done the housekeeping thing on sky but is there anything i can do with the Denon does it have a delay for problem i have
thanks for any help take care tony

spooney

Novice Member
I am not familiar with your specific model but all the recent Denon's have a delay feature.
I guess you will find it in the audio setup and it will be called 'audio delay'.
Best to start with 20 ms and then increase accordingly.

Please note: The delay works only with digital input (coax or optical) which is true for all receivers

Jase

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately the 3802 doesn't have Audio Delay for Lip Sync. It was introduced on the later 3803 model.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Please note: The delay works only with digital input (coax or optical) which is true for all receivers

It will work for an analog source but only if you use a mode such as Dolby PLII which converts the signal to digital for processing.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom