1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync probs on RAM

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nwgarratt, Dec 28, 2003.

1. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,840
    I have had a E50 for about 3 months. So far twice, the lip sync has been slightly out (but noticeable) after 20 minutes on 2 RAMS. They are Panasonic RAM and recording of a Digibox via scart on RGB via AV2. The audio affects the scart and digital out of the E50.

The film tonight was spawn (I could only watch a bit of it anyway) and the other was Charmed. Both were on CH5. I didn't watch any of it live.

I formatted a disc afterwards and the disc didn't do it again. Is it ok to format the disc each time rather than use erase all programmes?

I have heard of lip sync probs from using audio output of a digibox that hasn't been processed by the E50.

I checked other RAM that I have recorded over the xmas period and they seem fine.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You can't blame the recorder without knowing whether the source was out of sync. If most of your recordings are ok, it is more likely it was transmitted out of sync, and this is not that uncommon.

format or erase as you wish it will not affect the longevity of the media.

3. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed lip sync problems on the film Panic Room broadcast on Sky some weeks ago.
    I thought I was having problems with a DVD+RW disk showing this problem until I saw the VCR recording made at the same time - there was a clear lipsync problem after about halfway through the film.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,840
    I am not blaming the recorder, I just wanted to know if anyone had the same thing.

BTW, is was freeview channel 5 not Sky.

I think I will use format instead of erase all programmes, just in case that is better.