Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

lip sync problems with archos

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by snappyq, Feb 10, 2005.

1. snappyq

snappyq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hiya
    just purchased a archos av440 well impressed but am having problems with lip sync problems with movies they play fine on my pc but when i put them onto the archos there out of sync. was using dvd decypter and avisynth am trying dr divx at this very moment will post results anybody got any ideas?
    cheers
    snappyq

2. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I had exactly the same problem as you - just run the movie through DrDivx the modify the audio settings to 96Kb and CBR.

After this all my mini movies are spot on :)

Good luck - i'm sure like me at first you felt quite frustrated at the simple fact that the divx and xvid movies you throw at it - just don't play right.

I nearly took it back after the first weekend. Though after i discovered Dr Divx - the movies play like a dream, and i'm now well chuffed with my purchase.

If you see a bloke grinning inanely at the back of a bus - it's me watching the new Joey tv series on my Archos.

3. snappyq

snappyq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    yimster
    your right i was getting very frustrated, especially when they played ok on my pc, but run dr divx changed the audio settings and wow cool movies on the move.
    im going on holiday in a few weks and reckon i can get between 30 40 movies on it (film sseem to be around 700 - 1gb) that should keep me happy around the pool.
    thanks again
    snappyq