Not open for further replies.

toons

Samsung with 0.7.060.

BBC 2 was horrendous last night

dannydanny

Novice Member
Danny

If your on 1.612 that is the updated software isn't it....:confused:
no, sorry i've confused you - still NO update to 1.612...

so they're going to refund me or "credit my account" for the HD mix for as long as it's not updated as they are aware that it is unwatchable...

diandave

Novice Member
no, sorry i've confused you - still NO update to 1.612...

so they're going to refund me or "credit my account" for the HD mix for as long as it's not updated as they are aware that it is unwatchable...
Got you......I think Sky must be working on other parts of the HD transmission, as I said yesterday the lip sync on my Pace box which I've had since the 8th October has now, (for the moment anyway) disappeared.....:)

I was looking forward to the 1.612 update, but now not so sure.

dannydanny

Novice Member
Got you......I think Sky must be working on other parts of the HD transmission, as I said yesterday the lip sync on my Pace box which I've had since the 8th October has now, (for the moment anyway) disappeared.....:)

I was looking forward to the 1.612 update, but now not so sure.
mad isn't it!! :)

chuffed for you though obviously, that's great!!

you doing anything different?

seems mad that it's all of a sudden stopped happening...

diandave

Novice Member
mad isn't it!! :)

chuffed for you though obviously, that's great!!

you doing anything different?

seems mad that it's all of a sudden stopped happening...
No not a thing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Hope yours is sorted soon..:smashin:

Last edited:

jwalsh82

Still no update for my Pace HD either. Is ther a confirmed date when we are all supposed to be 'done' by?

Someone said could be done by Serial Number - do we have a list of how far they have got??

This is really doing my head in now, even having the £10 credited back doesnt really do anything for me cos I cannot watch HD tv over xmas!!!!

MrLOL

Novice Member
for what its worth ive got one of the latest pace box's with the latest firmware (f003 or whatever it is)

and i dont seem to have any lip syncing problems with live TF

But i seem to have horrific problems with recorded stuff, especially on BBC 1 and 2 ?

J

jingle68

sky technical support told me today that a firmware update is due within the next 4 weeks to deal with the lip sync problems we are suffering with.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Watching BBC2 just now and the lip sync was quite a way out. It's weird, some channels are fine but had problems with BBC2 and ITV and CH4 this evening.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
I don't understand how this can be a transmission issue cos the Foxsat HDR box I've been using for the last few weeks has suffered no lipsync problems whatsoever on any channel. Get a new SkyHD box today and straightaway there are lipsync problems.

dannydanny

Novice Member
I don't understand how this can be a transmission issue cos the Foxsat HDR box I've been using for the last few weeks has suffered no lipsync problems whatsoever on any channel. Get a new SkyHD box today and straightaway there are lipsync problems.
is it a pace box? running 1.610?

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
is it a pace box? running 1.610?
Yep, why is that the problem? I thought it was still an issue on 1.612? How do I get it to update to the latest version? It did a software update last night when I first plugged it in so it's odd it didn't pick up the latest software then.

I only seem to be getting a problem on BBC2 at the moment, I just plugged my Foxsat HDR box back in and BBC2 is fine. Surely it's going to be a tricky one for Sky to fix if just a few channels are out of sync but the rest are ok! Fix one channel and surely you mess another one up?

Last edited:

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Yeah but they're not transmitting it at the moment, I tried a forced upgrade but it's still on 1.610. Spoke to tech support and they've registered my problem, said they were surpised it was happening on BBC2 as they thought it only affected HD channels (which all seem fine for me).

dannydanny

Novice Member
Yep, why is that the problem? I thought it was still an issue on 1.612? How do I get it to update to the latest version? It did a software update last night when I first plugged it in so it's odd it didn't pick up the latest software then.

I only seem to be getting a problem on BBC2 at the moment, I just plugged my Foxsat HDR box back in and BBC2 is fine. Surely it's going to be a tricky one for Sky to fix if just a few channels are out of sync but the rest are ok! Fix one channel and surely you mess another one up?
yeah that's the problem with mine and a lot of other people as well...

i hear that 1.612 fixes it and some people on this thread have found that too.

sky told me 1.612 isn't in the stream so forced update won't pick it up unfortunately :( just a waiting game - the lad at sky reckoned about the 4th january is when i should get it, hence the hd mix refund.

Yeah but they're not transmitting it at the moment, I tried a forced upgrade but it's still on 1.610. Spoke to tech support and they've registered my problem, said they were surpised it was happening on BBC2 as they thought it only affected HD channels (which all seem fine for me).
bbc 2 is THE worst on all of mine as well - sky sports 2 hd seemed ok today for some reason, much better than it was last night on hd1 for the darts.

Jonstone

I went the other way from you, swapped from a sky hd box to a humax freesat hdr, mainly due to the lipsync issue or more precisely the way sky were treating me over the issue.

The sky hd box had issues, the humax hasn't had a single one since I installed it and bbc hd used to be my worst channel for lipsync.

It isn't a transmission fault its a fault with the software or hardware in some of the sky hd boxes.

Sky have been telling people for months that a firmware update will be available just round the corner to fix everything, I will consider coming back to sky hd when the lipsync issue is definitely fixed and when they make me a good enough offer.

How they can still be installing boxes with this issue 3 to 4 months after admitting to it baffles me

Martin J.

Novice Member
It isn't a transmission fault its a fault with the software or hardware in some of the sky hd boxes.
I would agree with that. My Thomson was fine until the recent update, now many of the SD channels are out (Sky Sports cricket was dreadful last night).

However... it seems to be a HDMI and SP-DIF issue. In my main room the sound is out of sync, even though all the latency of my video processing chain has been carefully calculated and checked, but the RF feed (from the same box) going to a Pioneer plasma in my office is fine. If it was the broadcast, both would be similarly effected.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Interesting, wonder how they're going to address this if it turns out to be a hardware problem? How long can they keep stringing us along for promising a fix that never comes? Well I've got 28 days to return mine to Tescos so I'll see how things go, so far today on the channels we've watched (BBC HD, Screen 1 HD mainly) it's been absolutely fine.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Noticed lipsync out on HistoryHD and Screen2 HD about half an hour ago, BBC2 was fine funnily enough. Screen1HD was fine as well , as was MTVHD. Seems it's a complete lottery!

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
ch4 and ch4hd were terrible for me tonight, i reverted to watching the sunday night project on dvb instead

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Didn't see that but noticed it was out on the Santa thingy on ITV1. Seems to vary from one programme to another, as I said earlier there was a problem on History HD (programme about missile silo in America) but the programme that followed it was spot on.

USS_Enterprise

Standard Member
ch4 and ch4hd were terrible for me tonight, i reverted to watching the sunday night project on dvb instead
We just got a Brand new Amstrad box installed. I watched Sunday Night Project with no issues at all on Channel 4 HD. Although, we did notice a slight sync issue with Beowulf on one of the HD sky movies channels.

dannydanny

Novice Member
Update...

Spectrum are coming out on Boxing Day to replace my box. No messing, they're more than happy to pop round and give me an alternative manufacturers box.

Would prefer to not have to swap it out but better to do it now than in a month's time when my planner is full.

I'll let you know if the new box corrects the lip-sync issue.

Grezza23

Standard Member
I just spoke to Sky... again.

You go through the whole shooting match with them each time. Advised that I got HD installed 5/12. Complained about sync issues on 8/12 to be advised about the update in next 2 weeks.
No update on my Samsung as yet.
The gave me all the speel on known issue this that and the other, been an issue since September, they are working on it, some people are getting a test update to see if it resolves the issue... blah blah blah.
This really annoyed me that they have a known issue yet still are happy to continue selling boxes which are clearly not fit for purpose and are equally happy to continue and collect my subs each month.
He said I would just have to put up with it untill they can resolve it.

They wont even 'own' the problem and keep me informed or post on their web site.

This is just awful customer service and I told him I am not just prepared to put up with it.

I plan to cancel Sky after Christmas and go with Free Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett