• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

lip sync problem when playing hd from pc

tapmeester

Standard Member
Hi,

I have a problem when i play hd from my computer to my plasma. I connnected my pc to plasma with hdmi( dvi to hdmi) When i set my pc resolution to 1920x1080 24 hertz the audio goes out of sync. My plasma is a pioneer 5090h, it should handle 24p. I have smooth playback of the video but the audio is getting behind. When i set resolution to 1920x1080 50 hertz the problem is gone but then i have no smooth playback ( 50 hertz vs 24 fps) Does anyone have a solution for this probem.

Thanks.

specs Quad core, 8800gt, 4 gigs ram

imilne

I've had a lot of problems in the past with ATI drivers and proper support for 24p. These days I just use Reclock to speed up 24 fps to 25 fps (pitch adjusted) and don't worry about it. 95% of my viewing is either native PAL (50hz) or 24 fps BDs or NTSC DVDs/downloads, which can be played back at 25 fps (50hz) with Reclock.

It's only the very occasional special feature on a BD or DVD that needs to run at 60hz now.

belongamick

I've had a lot of problems in the past with ATI drivers and proper support for 24p. These days I just use Reclock to speed up 24 fps to 25 fps (pitch adjusted) and don't worry about it. 95% of my viewing is either native PAL (50hz) or 24 fps BDs or NTSC DVDs/downloads, which can be played back at 25 fps (50hz) with Reclock.

It's only the very occasional special feature on a BD or DVD that needs to run at 60hz now.

Hi, I have found that using reclock to speed up 24p material to 25hz causes judder, allbeit very slight judder that probably not everyone notices. Suppose I wondering if its possible to speedup from 24 --> 25 without experiencing judder?

Cheers,
Belongamick

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom