Lip-Sync Problem - please help...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by F1Boy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. F1Boy

F1Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

I recently got a Phillips DVP-720SA...

When playing DTS encoded disks there seems to be a lip-sync problem - not all the time - it seems to slip in and out of sync... :confused:

Regular Dolby Digital soundtracks play fine.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to cure it...?

Thanks for any help at all.

Matt

2. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Don't know of this player I'm afraid but am I right in assuming you chose this over the Yamaha you posted a query about before Xmas?

Only ask as I'm thinking of getting the Yamaha myself.

Regards
    Pip

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    What is your exact setup and does the philips do the audio decoding itself or are you sending a raw signal via optical/coaxial?

4. F1Boy

F1Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Pip,

You are right yes - I chose this over the Yamaha (550). The Philips got rave reviews in the November issue of one of the magazines (think it's still listed at the top of this forum) especially for it's CD playback - which was exactly what I was after. The Yamaha came third in the group test after Philips and Pioneer 575 (I think).

Bonzo,

The DVD is connected to the TV (Panasonic 28" PL10) by (RGB enabled) scart.
    It's connected to the amp (Sony VA-555ES) by an optical lead so the amp does the decoding.

Everything seems ok for the first few seconds/minutes then it just goes :mad:

The funny thing is the sync problems also occur when wathcing a DTS DVD through normal TV speakers (without the amp switched on).

It's really bugging me now, I've sent an e-mail to Philips customer services but heard nothing back yet. Any help you (or anyone else) may be able to give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

5. WhiskyCorner

WhiskyCorner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a similar problem with a new Sony LCD ...

I run a Sony DVPNS999ES through my STRVA555ES to 10 Sony Tan55ES power amps (yes, I know its excessive - but the sound is sublime). I was using an old sony CRT widescreen TV for visuals, but this recently gave up the ghost, and was promptly replaced by the new 40 inch Sony Bravia W series LCD.

Here is where the problems begin - while sound and vision were perfectly synchronised with the old TV, the image on the new LCD lags slightly behind the sound through the STRVA555ES - very annoying to watch!

Is there some way I can slow the STRVA555ES output down a fraction to re-synch sound & vision?

Any assistence greatly received,
    All the Best,
    John