Lip sync problem Pioneer DV-717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by titian, Oct 24, 2000.

1. titian

titian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody tell me more about the update for the lip sync problem with the Pioneer DV-717. My store told me that the problem is solved with the lastest built ones (August 2000)?

2. neilbennett

neilbennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never had a problem with my 717, played region one and two discs without any worries. Sold it to my brother, he still has no problems with any discs. Incidentally I bought a Sony F11 to replace it, this now matches my Sony 930 receiver.

Neil

3. James

James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with Neil on this one - I've had a multiregion 717 for about 18 months, and have watched nearly all of my 170 or so discs on it, and not one has had lip-synch problems (not even the dreaded Lock Stock). It might be that the Techtronics mod eliminated the problem, or it might just be that I'm lucky, but either way, I would recommend the player wholeheartedly.

4. neilbennett

neilbennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just for the record my 717 was from Techtronics also.

Neil

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

A friend of mine has one. He didn't notice any problems until Lock Stock but even then it was only slight. He queried tech support who told him a software upgrade was available if he wanted. The upgrade is in newer versions as standard and has been for some time. I don't think he's bothered that much by it 'cos he still hasn't upgraded...

Get it...

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Dont laugh but I have some lip synk problems on my Pioneer 919 and have found one way to overcome it.

Press the ffwd button and skip 4ward a few frames then press the rewing button to jump back to were you started. Once here the speach is now back in sync. When you press stop or pause the procedure has to be repeated

7. neilbennett

neilbennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You left out the bit where you have to run around the room wearing a ceremonial costume chanting and hopping on one foot.

Neil

8. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    no I swear its true. Im not sure why it works or how but it works.

with the original R2 lock stock the problem is very very bad but after doing the little trick its no longer noticable. Maybe it just works on the 919 but I was shown it by a guy at my local dealers and aparntly he read it in an issue of HCC from about june last year

9. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    All's well that ends well Titian. [​IMG]

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a 717 a few months back from technotronics,i have not had any problems with lip sync what so ever,had a sony player previous noticed it a few times though.