1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip sync problem on Tosh 32ZP38

Discussion in 'TVs' started by SuperCow, Oct 12, 2003.

1. SuperCow

SuperCow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone experienced lip sync problems on the Toshiba 32ZP38? The sound is slightly too early compared to the image, regardless of the source I'm watching (DVDs or NTL). Note that you do have to look for the problem to notice it, but once you do it becomes quite annoying! I guess if you were 10 meters away from the set you wouldn't have this problem but my living room is not that large :)

Does anyone know whether it is possible to add a sound delay through the TV's service menu?

2. Ivor_Monkey

Ivor_Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Presumably the lip syn is perfect when playing through the TV speakers?

I notice slight lip syn when piping sound through surround speakers and the amp is set to somethign like dolby pL2, but no problem when thx cinema is set.

Also maybe the settings on the sound sub-menu on the TV may have somethgn to do with it. Have you got the settings on the TV surround speakers correct.

Sorry this is not more helpful.

3. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed this when I had the 36" version and everyone said I was mad!
    I only ever used the internal speakers and it was especially noticeable when watching animation such as The Simpsons.