1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lip sync on LG RZ-42PX11 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tutin, Feb 28, 2005.

1. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this issue resolved with the LG RZ-42PX11 ? I red plenty of posts and it seems with the first PX11 this was half way resolved, by introducing an internal audio delay in the TV.

Which made the tv rather unusable when one would connect it to a home theater audio system, unless the amp itself can also do delaying.

Is this resolved with the current versions of PX11 (hopefully software updates) or not ?

Is this only applicable for the LG or also for the Panasonic PWD7 and the Samsung PS-42D4S ?

I've pretty much narrowed mu choice to either the LG or the Samsung and will thought of making my purchase the saturday that just passed. I was gonna get the LG which had a pretty good picture in the shop, but then I saw this LIP SYNC issue and.. hem - delayed AGAIN my purchase.

Besides that I like the Panasonic / Samsung design better than the LG. However I'm not convinced the Samsung has a better picture than the LG and the PWD7 is not available locally.

Basically I think i'll go with the LG, if that audio sync issue is resolved, so is it ? :)

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i wouldn't buy a screen just for the sake of buying it locally if you have concerns over it and know there is even chance of there being issues with it. Go for the safe option and buy on-line.

3. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would think dealing with an online merchant is more complicated in case of problems than with a local dealer..

But still, do actual plasmas have this sound-out-of-sync issues ?

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i do get some small lip sync issues with the panny and sky satellite on some occasions, however it is very minor and i leave my amp on 60ms delay all teh time and it is fine. The issue was worse on my tiny screen so i conclude that budget models take even longer to process the picture hence the more noticeable delay.

5. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aye ! :thumbsdow

So it's still present. This means that with a plasma and a DVD you need to have a high-end amp in order to manually introduce a delay.

I have pretty much no idea whether my amp can do that.

And that's present on all plasmas ? Not only the LG ?

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i never get it with dvd, only sky+...and my amp is only a £250 yammy and has delay so definitely not restricted to high end.

7. JIMMY

JIMMY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i get it on my sky + but if i pause it and start again it fixes it most times but not all the time
    jim

8. tutin

tutin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But not with DVDs ?

I actually have a rather expensive AMP that I bought a year ago with a huge reduction because it was an expo model. It costed like 850 euros or something and I bought it for 300 or so. It's a Sony, but what model.

It's possible it has delay functions though I don't know, it's so complex and has so many things that I barely managed to adjust it to play 5.1 channels on my speakers and auto-detect if it's a 2.1 or stereo signal input ;)