Lip-sync JVC X7900

(GTV)Chris

Hey All,

I'm sure this is an easy one. There is a slight lip-sync issue with the JVC and wondered hows best to fix.
The JVC is supplied by a Sony BD700 for Bluray discs and the apps such as Netflix and Prime.
They are all plugged into a Denon AVR3500 and then that output feeds the projector.
The previous panasonic had no sync issues.
Is it something I need to play with in the JVC or within the Amp or Sony?
P.S I tried to mess with the audio delay in the amp but nothing looked right lol.
Many thanks
Chris

panman40

Distinguished Member
Hey All,

I'm sure this is an easy one. There is a slight lip-sync issue with the JVC and wondered hows best to fix.
The JVC is supplied by a Sony BD700 for Bluray discs and the apps such as Netflix and Prime.
They are all plugged into a Denon AVR3500 and then that output feeds the projector.
The previous panasonic had no sync issues.
Is it something I need to play with in the JVC or within the Amp or Sony?
P.S I tried to mess with the audio delay in the amp but nothing looked right lol.
Many thanks
Chris
Have you tried turning on auto lip sync in the denon ?.

(GTV)Chris

Hi,

Yes thank you, I've had a fiddle with that and changed some of the HDMI settings and things seem to look ok on Blu-ray playback and on Prime now - However, Netflix seems way out?
This is more likely a Netflix thing perhaps, but it's fine on the telly with the sound bar, but its out via the projector.
I don't believe you can play with the Netflix sync?
But I know a lot of people have issues with Netflix sync. My internet speed was about 170mbps when I was fiddling with things, so it's not poor internet speed.

Best wishes

Chris

fezso

I have the denon 4500 with the x7900 and also have a sony projector in the setup as well. Different motion settings on the projectors, so lip sync can be a nightmare. I have been fiddling with the player and the denon, but only the auto lip sync on the Denon solves it, but I am not a 100% happy. Some people are more sensitive to it I quess.

panman40

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Yes thank you, I've had a fiddle with that and changed some of the HDMI settings and things seem to look ok on Blu-ray playback and on Prime now - However, Netflix seems way out?
This is more likely a Netflix thing perhaps, but it's fine on the telly with the sound bar, but its out via the projector.
I don't believe you can play with the Netflix sync?
But I know a lot of people have issues with Netflix sync. My internet speed was about 170mbps when I was fiddling with things, so it's not poor internet speed.

Best wishes

Chris
I think you can adjust it manually even in auto mode for each input on your denon, I could be wrong though.

(GTV)Chris

I have the denon 4500 with the x7900 and also have a sony projector in the setup as well. Different motion settings on the projectors, so lip sync can be a nightmare. I have been fiddling with the player and the denon, but only the auto lip sync on the Denon solves it, but I am not a 100% happy. Some people are more sensitive to it I quess.
I'm very susceptible to it... It's like the rainbow effect on DLP... Once its there... Then thats it.
I have the Denon to auto lipsync and it works with everything but Netflix?

(GTV)Chris

I think you can adjust it manually even in auto mode for each input on your denon, I could be wrong though.
Yes, I think you can... However, when I start going + or - in milliseconds I get to a place where its infinitely worse than when I started!!
Lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom