Lip Sync Issues Sky One

JEDIBLADE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else get lip sync issues on Sky one programs, particularly Magnum pi? Happens when sound comes through the amp or the TV. Also sound drop outs are worse than normal.

Only thing I watch on that channel is Resident Alien. Horrible synch. Nothing else is really bad on Sky. Download is a bit better.

I used to get it all the time while watching numerous sky one programs, all American, like Arrow, supergirl etc. Didn’t get it on anything else just those sort of programs, couldn’t fix it, in the end I stopped watching them as it became so annoying! Don’t think it’ll there was any audio delay that would fix it. Only fixed if switched the sky box to stereo instead of 5.1 basically.

Does anyone else get lip sync issues on Sky one programs, particularly Magnum pi? Happens when sound comes through the amp or the TV. Also sound drop outs are worse than normal.
Glad someone else has found this, Magnum PI, at least the live broadcast version, is awful for lip sync.

Worth getting in touch with sky or another one where they'll deny all knowledge and suggest just using stereo?

I started a thread on Sky Community about Resident Alien, and a Sky employee acknowledged they had confirmed the sync problem but thought it was the source/ master. That was a couple of weeks ago and it was still out of sync last week for me.

Lipsync on atmos sound football shocking.

Yep just come on to check if anyone else had this issue. Also the speech through my centre speaker drops significantly soon as Atmos engages?!

The sound is over a second off. The ball is kicked and the sound engages a second later. Same with speech of the pundits before the match.

Yep, same here. Another triumph for sky. :(

+1.

Ive turned it off what a joke football is now...
Football has been a joke for me for years now, take Son's pathetically theatrical attempt at the weekend for example.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes i noticed this with Resident Alien, if I recorded it from Sky One the lip sync was well out but if I downloaded it on catch up it was fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom