Lip Sync issue with JVC DRMH30 DVD recorder??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tape Slack, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Tape Slack

Tape Slack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I wonder if any AV'ites can help me. I've just received my JVC but when it comes to playing back off the hard drive, there is a definite delay in lip sync. Is this a common thing with HD's or am I missing something?

I'm pushing the output via a very convoluted set up. I've got a signal coming thru my Sony Freeview box into the JVC then out into a modulator (embarrassed to say my TV doesn't have a scart - ex COOP rental circa 1979, with lovely mock wood surround) then into my TV. Could this be the outrageously obvious reason? It seems fine when I record onto VHS

Any clues gratefully received.

Phil

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Are you sure it wasn't the original broadcast that had lip-sync issues? It happens quite frequently.

3. Tape Slack

Tape Slack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm almost certain this isn't the issue. I recordeded Nip & Tuck Channel4 which had awful delay, then the thing with Trevor Eve in as a detective, which had the same??

Thanks for replying so soon by the way.

Phil

4. madmatt

madmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lip sync from broadcasters is within close limits, then the consumer messes it up with a long chain of boxes, the audio usually gets ahead of the picture

Instead of a colour test card, they should broadcast a clapper board for us!

5. jac12

jac12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is NOT a broadcast-problem. A lot of people have experienced this problem with the JVC DRMH30 .
    JVC has been contacted about this problem.